Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:08:48 AM

Author Topic: MDI question  (Read 1637 times)

MDI question
« on: November 04, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »
Ok, I'm wrestling with MDI...its winning.

when I type in a line of code, and hit enter, it executes that line and puts it up above like its stacking and waits for the next line of code to be input.
my issues is that I want to clear that line out and start fresh... if I hit escape it clears any code from the big input bar, but the code still sits in in the small bar above.  What do I do to clear the old code out and start fresh...I have been having to exit the program and reload...looked in the manual under mdi but it did not state how to do this.

thanks bob
Re: MDI question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:03:15 AM »
Hi,
those lines are previously executed lines. An <up arrow> and the previous line will popup in the main text box and on <enter> will execute again.
If you want to execute a different line just type it in the main text box as normal and when ready <enter>. It will now occur as history.  AFAIK you can't
delete the history short of something radical like shutting Mach down, but why bother, just type in your next line and carry on. The history is only
provided as a convenience if you have to type a whole bunch of identical or very similar lines.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: MDI question
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »
ok thanks