Hello Guest it is June 16, 2024, 02:23:46 AM

Author Topic: what kind of device do i need  (Read 1608 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

what kind of device do i need
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:09 PM »
Please look at the attachment jpg.  You can see I have a lathe-type device connected to mach 3, with some of the inherent issues that mach 3 has, that is I have a lot of problems just getting lathe to turn on at a certain speed and then have the x-y-z axis do their thing.  I have reached the conclusion that I need to run the lathe from a controller that is independent of a computer.  That is I would plug it into the wall socket and by adjusting a couple of knobs (whatever) the lathe would turn clockwise or CCW and with another knob or feature I could increase or decrease the speed.

Now what would I call a unit like that, and where might I look.  Looking for your suggestions.  Thanks, bob
Re: what kind of device do i need
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 02:58:13 PM »
See my reply to your other thread.

Offline RICH

  • *
  •  7,427 7,427
Re: what kind of device do i need
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:45:24 AM »
I would suggest just keep posting in the other thread as questions arise relative to your setup and what you want to do. Users following that  thread already have a overall idea of what your doing and you'll get more pointed replies to any question you ask.