Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys 57cnc touch probe issue  (Read 1950 times)

Pokeys 57cnc touch probe issue
« on: October 27, 2017, 11:56:39 PM »
Hello all,
I have a pokeys57cnc that I have on a 3axis mill with a collet spindle. I use DazTheGaz's tool change script to change tools accurately in programs. It works good most of the time. Every once in a while though it will ignore the probe input and try to drive through the touch plate. I have broken two pcb drill bits with this issue. It can do a whole program full of tool changes with no issues, then the next time running the same program, it will try to drive through on a tool change. It seems to not only be the M6 script though. Sometimes when using the touch sensor button on the main page, it will also try to drive through the touch plate. The input indicator is on when it is driving through so it is not like it has a bad connection.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? What more information do you need from me to try and figure this out? Is there anything that I need to check before running a sensor probe program?
Thanks,
PottieMouth

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys 57cnc touch probe issue
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »
All probeing is done via a G31 call for which is controlled by the motion controller which then reports to the core that it has succefully completed and the coordinates of the axis are sent to the core. Since this is happening in more than one script I would use the logging from the diagnostic menu and check if the plugin is issuing commands such as mcMotionSetProbePos() or  mcMotionSetProbeComplete(). perhaps run the probe with logging and then save the log of a completed probe, you can then compare this log with a failed probe to see what didnt happen.

NeoTO from the Pokeys section may be more helpfull if you post here  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?board=79.0

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
Re: Pokeys 57cnc touch probe issue
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
Much appreciated Daz. Thanks for the hints on what to look for.