Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:08 AM

Author Topic: Lines in the tool path window  (Read 5753 times)

Re: Lines in the tool path window
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 10:40:28 AM »
So many different computers, video cards, and other components it’s a wonder you software code writers can get anything to function. Still I think this is an amazing app. Maybe it’s time for new glasses lol.
Thanks
Art
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 11:16:50 AM »
Have you checked to see if there are any updates available for the video drivers that
you are using? Perhaps there is a quirk in their OpenGL support.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »
Hi,
that grey colour seems like a poor choice for a background colour. wx4.set has a light blue as background as default and is much easier to see.
Aside from anything else blue doesn't make me want to slash my wrists like grey! LOL

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »
Hi,
joeaverage
If you use a screen with blue color where the sun is, then you see worse than gray. If there is a way to make the lines on the screen thicker, then I will return the initial color settings.

Steve Stallings,
Window 10 tells me that there is no update. Mach3 on this screen draws the correct lines, I think that the error is not in the driver.
PC - MSI Pro 24 6M
https://us.msi.com/All-in-One-PC/Pro-24-6M
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 02:29:30 AM »
Hi seregius,
that blue is way to dark, I'm talking light blue.

Craig
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 02:39:21 AM »
joeaverage,
Light blue in the sun is not visible at all.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 02:51:08 AM »
Hi,
the toolpath shows very nicely on my machine. This is a PCB toolpath for instance.

Craig
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 03:36:05 AM »
I have laser cutting machines. The cut line is one, not much like yours. Plus they are thin, compare the lines of the axes of the XYZ with my window. On the first page of the topic, I posted a photo of the monitor from the phone, and not PrintScreen, for clarity.
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 03:59:30 AM »
Hi,
what screenset are you using? I use a somewhat customised version of wx4.set. The customisations have nothing to do with the toolpath display.
It doesn't matter if the toolpath is for plasma, laser or mill, it is displayed indentically.

There are 29 API calls to do with the toolpath. Have you investigated any or all of them? These are the only way for ANY screenset to generate a toolpath,
that's why its called an API. If none of these calls help you, and to be honest my inspection and reading of them suggests not, then you must address the line
width issue in your PCs graphics.

My feeling is that your background colours are too dark too offer contrast with dark traces. Use a light background with dark traces OR a dark background with
light traces. The previous screenshot is plainly visible but needs be expanded to seperate the detail.

Craig
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 05:10:55 AM »
what screenset are you using?
Its development. In the screen editor, the Tool Path Display for all screens are the same.
There are 29 API calls to do with the toolpath.
Google translate poorly translates the text of the message. What of "API toolpath" , where about it to read?
your PCs graphics
Mach3 shows thick lines ... Mach 4 is not.
My feeling is that your background colours are too dark
The problem is not in color, but in the thickness of the lines. On a PC with a video card it is easy to see when using any colors, on a PC without a video card, the lines are very thin and they are difficult to see at any color, and if the machine receives sunlight, you can not see at all.