Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:20:10 AM

Author Topic: 3040T and Z Touchplate  (Read 8277 times)

Re: 3040T and Z Touchplate
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2017, 04:31:43 PM »
Hi Billy,
many a person has bought a Chinese router only to find they are rather more limited than they imagined. The Chinese are not at fault here,
they certainly don't disabuse a buyer of the realities but they play on the fact that most buyers have no idea how rigid a machine has to be.
Especially when cutting metals. If you think brass is a challenge try stainless steel!

Having said all that, and if you track any of my other posts you'll realise I'm very scathing of Chinese suppliers, they do provide products that people
can afford. You are a prime example...the price was so good that you wanted to try. Even if you throw away all the Chinese electronics as just plain
troublesome then the mechanical parts left over still represent pretty good value for money. If the mechanics are not rigid enuf for your purposes
then you should have bought more rigid design, that is to say its your fault not the Chinese.

Notwithstanding the frustration and effort to get it to work you are there or close to it. Once you get used to generating the required Gcode and understanding
the limitations of the machine you'll be fine.

I have a much better understanding of the basics that I could have imagined since we first got this thing....
That understanding is hard fought but you will use it over and over again.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2017, 04:43:57 PM »
If it was something for Heavy Duty Use...Heck No ! ! !...But for Plastic and Soft 1 x 2 or 2" Round Pieces of Brass...It should be fine...But Yes....Cheap is Cheap....I agree
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »
Hi Billy,
well you've discovered that even cutting plastic and brass requires rigidity. Thats plain physics.

Craig
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »
Funny...I Filed a Complaint with Ebay....All of a sudden...The Seller has Documentation on the machine...Go Figure
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »
Hi Billy,
that's good news....or is it?. I repair welding equipment for a living and a lot of Chinese gear comes in. Where there is service info about 50% of it
so badly written or just plain mistaken that it is literally worse than useless. This isn't just a bad translation its gibberish!

Craig