Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:20:28 PM

Author Topic: 3040T and Z Touchplate  (Read 8346 times)

Re: 3040T and Z Touchplate
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
I am really trying to Like this thing...Not asking it to do a lot...Appreciate all the help

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »
Hi Billy,

Not your fault my friend if the tools you are using are not the best.

F-Engrave is free; http://scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html

Vectric costs money; http://www.vectric.com/products/aspire.html

I use both of these (used F-Engrave for rotary engraving less than 0.5 mm high and V-Carving a 2 Metre long, 10 mm or so deep, Teak sign).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
Forgot to mention the work is created within the CAD/CAM software - no need to import .dxf from Engravelab.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:48 AM »
I will give it a shot and thank you...for now...this seems to be a work around, but would rather have the "true work" :)
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 01:57:38 PM »
Hi Tweakie
Got the F-Engrave...The only thing I need to do it to give it a Height...Did a Test on a nameplate and it held within the 1 x 6 frame area.....The Height was .25" (24pt type).....I will test it more on Monday...But it read the DXF Perfectly...
THANK YOU ! ! !

Billy
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »
Hi Billy,
once you've got your machine to the point that it will faithfully follow the G code it is given, and it sounds like you are close, the 'real'
work of CNC begins.

If there is anything like 'creative' work of genuine skill and experience its crafting the G code for your machine to 'digest'. You may get away buying a cheap Chinese
router but if you expect poor CAD/CAM software to produce acceptable results you're dreaming. Amongst the skills that you'll need to acquire is to be able to read
small sections of G code and understand what the machine will do when it encounters it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2017, 02:53:29 PM »
I know....ughhhh :) All because we wanted to take some use off of the Dahlgren....Signs, Nameplates & Embossers...Nothing really fancy or intricate .... I am more upset that I could not get any type of Manual for this thing, documentation....All I got was...Manufacturer does not have...B.S.!...Its in the Hands of Ebay Now :)

But one again...Thank you All...At least we have a working and a Work Around now

Billy
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »
Hi Billy,
you are obviously a busy guy, working a responsible job that is technically demanding, ie you have a working brain. What suggested to you that a very cheap
Chinese made router would be a fit with your business requirements?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »
Its not for a heavy work-load...We sell a lot of embossers...Leaves little time for Nameplates badges etc.....Saw this on line and...for under $600  worth a shot..Saw Videos on youtube of people using if for something similar..Better than about $4000....Anteras Does make bits for CNC that match up with our bits for the Dahlgren....30 degree & 45 degree angles .010 to .060 is what we use the most....Also...what we found out after the fact...Is that for Brass you can only cut about .01" at a pass...so for embossers we would have to make 2 runs to get to about .020" deep....The Person from Precise bits gave us some wrong information at first...did not think he caught on to what we were doing...Very Nice Guy...But was hearing us, not listening...Basically said to start with our Dahlgren settings at take it from there...SNAP went the bit....Then he back tracked a little.. I did send him some brass so he could run some tests on what we use.....But without any documentation on the Actual Engraver...it was a bit more rough...But thanks to You and Tweakie...I have a much better understanding of the basics that I could have imagined since we first got this thing....I will upload some pictures of what the Dahlgren Engraves and what this Engraves....We are a lot closer thanks to all your help ! ! !

Billy
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2017, 04:29:16 PM »
Simple...These are tests on CNC..Look the Ashley One Works !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:31:02 PM by Billy De »