Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:18:02 PM

Author Topic: Interference with axis motors  (Read 8528 times)

Re: Interference with axis motors
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 04:49:39 PM »
Hi,
debounce is not going to help you, it applies to inputs to Mach, your problem is noise on the outputs...

Additionally the debounce setting you see on the General Setup screen applies to the parallel port whereas it
may not apply to the motion control you are actually using.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 07:01:14 AM »
Hi craig

Thats perfect explanation thanx

The contractors assured me they will be done today... but as we know contractors arent always relaible they were suppose to finish on monday already.

I hop they will be done by the time i get home so i can test all these theories i have bought brand ne shielded cables and a lot of bits so hopefully i van sort this all out tonight

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »
Hi,
I guess you must live in 'deepest darkest Affwicka', taking the 'darkest' to new levels...LOL

Craig
Interference with axis motors
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 03:41:07 AM »
Jip luckly it was just my workshop at home but its up your advice worked like a charm

And as promised 

I installed it on another pc and it also works I5 8gm ram and win 10 pro 64bit

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 04:07:03 AM »
Hi,
glad you've got the interference problem sorted...it will probably recur but using fairly simple principles solves most issues.

I am intrigued that your Win10 machine can run what appears to be a parallel port and yet a 64 bit OS cannot support a parallel port, even
in deepest darkest Affwicka. As an experiment would you confirm the motion plugin Mach is running.

Ordinarily when Mach is fired up the first screen asks you to select a motion control plugin from those that are installed. Normally you select one
and that selection would be repeated at each startup, tedious and so you can hide the screen. You can view it again by Function Cfg's/Reset Device Sel...
and then restart Mach. Can you tell me which plugin is currently selected as your motion control plugin. While a parallel port plugin might be listed
I don't think it will work. Note any other plugins listed, one I suspect will relate to your motion control card which I believe must be the PCI card.

Maybe if you have access to the card you could take a pic or indentify the main ICs on the board, I would suspect one to be an FPGA or DSP or maybe
an industrial micro that would not be on a PCI to parallel card.

You might also try to run DriverTest.exe from the Mach3 folder, it tests the parallel port. I suspect it will fail as no parallel port can be installed on a 64 bit OS
machine.

As I say I'm intrigued, you may have seen the hundreds if not thousands of posts by people who are disgusted that Machs PP cannot be run under a 64 bit OS
and seem to imagine that Artsoft or maybe MS is involved in some conspiracy to prevent it.

Craig

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 06:08:26 AM »
This whole LPT port on 64 bit OS saga is interesting. Apparently (answers.microsoft.com) people HAVE been running parallel port printers on W10, at least until one of the latest updates. I quote:

> If I now open ‘Device Manager’, ‘Ports’, ‘Printer Port (LPT1)’ and change practically any of the settings then close Device Manager the printer works normally and continues to do so until I shut down and re-start my computer.

Now, that makes the stock LPT driver for a printer work. I very strongly doubt you stand a snowflake's chance in hell of getting Art's original psuedo-PP driver to work under W10 though. His driver actually hacked the entire WXP OS! W10 will not let you do that - cannot let you in fact.

Yeah, annoying stuff, but that port hardware was really antique many years ago.

Update:
support.lenovo.com also lists a driver for the Sunix PCI to LPT card. Interesting ...
The MS hardware Dev Centre has a whole section on how to write device drivers for parallel port devices. Seems they got a lot of 'feedback' from owners of all sorts of PP stuff. But even so that won't allow Art's driver to run (imho).

Cheers
Roger
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:14:26 AM by rcaffin »
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 06:15:45 AM »
Hi Roger,
sure Windows 10 can run a parallel port to drive a printer, that's easy, what Windows 10 doesn't allow is the code necessary to produce accurate pulse
streams required by a control system. The DB25 socket is just a convenient way to simultaneously signal a bunch of devices, generating all those signals
in the first place is the trick.

Craig
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 06:20:29 AM »
Hi Roger,
that's what intrigues me about Mavericks system, he posted a listing for his board, a parallel port BOB but hes plugging into a Windows 10
machine. I'm convinced that the PCI card he has installed is rather more than a PCI to DB25 card but I'd luv to find out!

Craig

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 06:32:59 AM »
Hi Craig

Try to find A Plug-In Writers bible by Art Fenerty, somewhere on the Artsoft web site. In it Art explains what he did to WXP to make it into a poor man's RealTime machine. Basically, he created a so-called 'device driver' which ran at a higher interrupt priority than Windows XP. Quite a large bit of spectacular code in fact. A sort-of super-virus or Trajan Horse.

But the chances of W10 ever loading something like that which could interfere almost at the BIOS level are strictly zero. Run printers and EPROM programmers - yes, but that's just the hardware port driver, not a RealTime subsystem.

Yeah - what is the board Maverick is using?

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 06:40:24 AM »
Hi Roger,
I read a book by Sean Lemming, a real Windows guru and interrupts, in something like 15 levels of priority, are normal in Windows for all manner
of inter thread communication. The problem is that you can't stop Windows from using interrupts, it would crash immediately yet you need to run pretty high
priority interrupts to drive your timer for Mach.

How Art got it to work is a marvel still. I'm bloody glad he put his talent into that rather than hacking nuclear missiles, I mean hacking missiles would be easy for him!

Craig