Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:03:20 AM

Author Topic: Installing Mach3 on a Dynamite 2800 machine  (Read 16770 times)

Re: Installing Mach3 on a Dynamite 2800 machine
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 04:37:46 PM »
I  bought a DYNA MYTE 2800 table top CNC milling machine made by Dyna
Mechtronics. I am looking for a copy of the manual or any information
on it. Anybody have this machine or have experience with one?
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »
Mike

Did you just buy that one sold on ebay? Do you have the machine in front of you to look at. I am in Florida, where are you?

Yes, I have manuals, I have all the old stuff. Although I assume you will want to upgrade to Mach3 (as I did) and the old controls will be replaced.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 06:01:52 PM »
I did buy the one on Ebay Friday and I have to go pick it up next weekend. As far as the controls, I will probably use gecko 201's , run Quantium or Mach and run the same steppers. Not knowing anything about it is a real disadvantage. I'm having a little buyers remorse today, but I'll get over it when the machine is here and I can start working on it.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »
Mike

Relax; you have a good machine. The spindle takes a BT-30 tool holder with a quick-change lever. It has ball lead screws with good size stepper motors and lots of iron. The machine weighs about 800 pounds so I hope you have something to unload it with and a solid steel table to put it on.

You can change out to gecko drives if you like, but I am using the original driver boards and they work just fine. The only thing you will need is a breakout board, an old PC and lots of patience. When you get your machine home let me know and I will try to help.

Fred
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 10:11:55 PM »
Fred:

I hope to have it home by Sat. Night, yes I have it all figured out on getting it on to the trailer safely. I would really love to not have to spend another $400 on replacing the boards. Did you just put a break out board in and wire to the exsisting board(s)?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »
Mike

Yes I am using the old driver boards, but I forgot to tell you to contact DM and get a copy of the electrical wiring for your machine. They charge about $30.00.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
DM is now charging $50 the the wiring diagrams, could you please contact me at mikeg53549@yahoo.com the machine is now here and I was able to home all 3 axis, now I need to mount the breakout board you recomended.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:47 PM »
Hi Fellas,

I recently purchased a Dyna 2800. It has the stock factory pendant disabled, and is run by a pc based system called Artisan cnc. I have a cnc router in my shop that is run by Mach 3 and would really  love to be able to run my Dyna mill with Mach as well. Any and all help will be appreciated.  Thanks, Dave
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
I upgraded my 2800 to run on Mach 3, I had help from a great man down in Florida, Fred. All I did was remove some of the boards, keeping the controllers and installing a breakout board. Very easy and very inexpensive. Fred ended up replacing the motors and some other things on his to get better accurate cuts. When I 1st started mine up it sounded like a army tank rolling by, but putting a better computer on it helped smooth it out some. For me the machine was a mistake, too small a cutting area.