Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:48:40 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 how to manually moving x axis or y axis very fast  (Read 14648 times)

Re: Mach3 how to manually moving x axis or y axis very fast
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
I read that but no matter what I do the speed is low.
I think I'll make another profile but with settings for speed. When I need to move fast I'll use that profile... :( ???
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
Hi,
what is the 'Slow Jog Speed' DRO reading at the moment? It should be 100%. You can change it by highlighting the DRO and typing in 100
followed by <enter>.
Make sure you are in continuous jog mode.
What velocity settings have you made on you motor tuning pages?
Does a G0 MDI move actually result in a maximum speed traverse?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
Hi, here my settings:
and link to video of moving x axis
https://youtu.be/NkfpoA0Zv60
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »
Hi,
that's good info. What are your natural units? I see for instance that the velocity setting for both axes is 226. Sounds right for inches but way slow for mm.

On the second last screen shot it shows the main page but with the feedrate override of 6 units. I think that 6 is a default setting for Mach but is very slow.

On the Config/General Config... in the second column near the top is a box of controls called 'Start Up Modals'. In the text box 'Initialisation String' please
add F226 <enter> and restart Mach. Does this make any difference?
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 08:22:55 AM »
Sorry for my late reply but I was busy with something else.
Yes the units are mm. When I'll go to my cnc location I'll try what you say. What will be right speed for my mm's.
I use TB6560 driver for motors.
I noticed that when I try to put F350 in my g-code the speed won't go faster...seems like the F200 is faster it can go.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:42:06 AM by ionapostol »
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »
Hi,
the reason that your machine cannot go fast is that you've set the maximum speed at 226mm/min which is very slow.

The first and second screen shots you posted show the X and Y axis velocity to be 226mm/min. This is the maximum speed Mach will try to drive
your machine, I think it should be something like 2000mm/min.

When you are cutting you use G1 codes which operate at F********* speeds, where ********* can be up to the maximum for that axis, if you take my
suggestion 2000mm/min. When traversing you use G0 codes which always go at maximum speed, 2000mm/min. When jogging in Cont mode
the machine will move at a percentage of maximum speed.

You need to read the manual, this is basic setup stuff...
5.5.2 Setting the maximum motor speed
Still using the Config>Motor Tuning dialog, as you move the Velocity slider you will see a
graph of velocity against time for a short imaginary move. The axis accelerates, maybe
runs at full speed and then decelerates. Set the velocity to maximum for now. Use the
Acceleration slider to alter the rate of acceleration/deceleration (these are always the same
as each other)

Go to the Artsoft site and download the manual for Mach3 operation and read it, then read it again...and again.

Craig
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 01:04:54 AM »
Hi Craig, :-[
I think I was in time crisis and I took it on the short road...but the long road is always the answer :)

Thank you