Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:17:04 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 how to manually moving x axis or y axis very fast  (Read 14655 times)

Mach3 how to manually moving x axis or y axis very fast
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:42:20 AM »
Hi,
I have some parts to cut from styrofoam and after that is done i want to move hot wire to origin manually (arrow keys)but the speed is very slow.
How can I increase speed? I look everywhere but with no luck. I don't want to change settings in motor tunning because after that I lose calibration .
Please help .
Thanks
Re: Mach3 how to manually moving x axis or y axis very fast
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »
Hi,
sounds like the jog rate is set too slow.

Another way to do it is MDI:
G0 X0Y0    will cause the machine to move at its rapid rate to the current 0,0 co-ordinate.

You might experiment with G28 as well, it returns the machine to predetermined co-ords, usually 0,0,0 but via a location, usually set
for the wire/spindle/tool to the workpiece and clamps etc.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
I press tab and new window pop up and here I change the value but the speed is the same.
I don't want to use goto some coords, I just want to move fast to some location manually.
Is there a way just with arrows or from jog window?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
Do NOT use the shift key to put jog into rapid! There is a known bug that causes many machines to randomly take off and run without stopping until it crashes. Happened to me while showing my grandson how to use the machine and then he was too scared to try any more. Smashed the part, moved the vise, broke the tool off. My machine is pretty quick with 300 ipm rapids.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:20:06 AM »
Ok, but where to setup rapids speed , I tried alot...
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »
Hi,
the rapid speed is part of the motor tuning settings. The Velocity setting on the motor tuning page is the fastest that axis can travel.
When you move at G0 or 'rapids' rate it moves at the maximum velocity of that axis. So beyond setting the motor tuning you don't need
to set anything else.

Craig
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
When I cut using gcode and F200 in gcode is moving fast but when I move manually the speed is very low....
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
I think I'll create another profile with "fast speed"settings and when I need to move fast I'll use it...
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 02:04:07 PM »
Hi,
you don't need another profile.

When cutting use G1 .....F200 and the machine will cut at 200mm/min.
When traversing use G0.... and the machine will move at the maximum speed it can according to your motor tuning.

Craig
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 02:13:02 PM »
Hi,
look in the Mach3 manual:

6.2.5.1 Hotkey jogging
There are three modes. Continuous, Step and MPG which are selected by the Jog Mode
button and indicated by the LEDs.
Continuous mode moves the axis or axes at the defined slow jog rate while the hotkeys are
depressed
The jogging speed used with hotkeys in Continuous mode is set as a percentage of the rapid
traverse rate by the Slow Jog Percentage DRO. This can be set (in the range 0.1% to 100%)
by typing into the DRO. It can be nudged in 5% increments by the buttons or their hotkeys.
This Slow Jog Percentage can be overridden by depressing Shift with the hotkey(s). An
LED beside the Cont. LED indicates this full speed jogging is selected
Step mode moves the axis by one increment (as defined by the Jog Increment DRO) for
each keypress. The current feedrate (as defined by the F word) is used for these moves.

Craig