Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:14:32 PM

Author Topic: I gotta be missing something so obvious it's embarrasing!!!! HELP  (Read 3752 times)

I've got Mach3 up and running and all is well with the mill. My question is about Screen4, and it is really basic (no pun intended). I want to write a short VB script for a new button. I checked the box for "VB Script" in the new button properties and it says "vb script edited in Mach3" - okay good so far. Now I go into Mach3, load the new .SET and see my nice new button, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to enter the VB script for it. Is there a naming convention for a script file associated with a button?  How do I get a script entered and associated with this  button? I know I must be missing something incredibly obvious here - but I keep going over the same ground. I kknow I am going to feel really sheepish when I get the answer :)
Re: I gotta be missing something so obvious it's embarrasing!!!! HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »
In Mach3 go to the screen with the fancy new button. Then go to Config/Edit Button Script and then you have to click on the button that you would like to change.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
Thanks for the help but.....Config/Edit Button Script???? I looked for this in Mach3, and can't find it anywhere.  I'm on 1.84.001 - just downloaded  a couple of days ago. Is it under the config menu  along with "ports and pins","homing limits" ...blah blah balh..."fonts" submenus? 
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
Art just sent me a note - I downloaded 1.90, and low and behold, "Config/edit button script" is present and accounted for. Now I don't feel so stupid. Well, a little stupid for not asking you guys earlier - before I drove myself nuts with this. Everything is working fine now. I really apprreciate the help.