Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:47:03 AM

Author Topic: CNC 8060Z  (Read 9211 times)

Re: CNC 8060Z
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:29 AM »
Hi,
no offence but why waste your time with that outfit? I don't know whether Chinese suppliers are intent on 'ripping you off' by virtue of lack
of support or that the communication barrier is such that try to support English speaking customers is impossible. What is certainly true
that nearly every last pirate copy of Mach comes from China and even where a Chinese controller does work there are parts like probing or
THC or threading that don't.

There are several US manufacturers, and a couple of English/European ones offering products that WORK and the have BACKUP. Don't piss
around with Chinese junk.... get a decent controller.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 11:05:03 AM »
Craig,

What are your specific recommendations for 4 Axis controllers?

Thanks,

Joe P.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
Hi,
if using Mach3 then the following companies have solutions that work:
CNCdrive
PMDX
Warp9
PoKeys
VitalSystems
CSlabs
Dynamotion
Galill

The first four all have useful products for under $200 whereas the other are more expensive but are 'industrial' strength.
If using Mach4 the list thins down a bit, I don't think Galill, Dynamotion or CSlabs have Mach4 ready plugins yet. That is
subject to change, they are working on it!

I personally use an Ethernet connected SmoothStepper made by Warp9, largely because of their commitment to Mach4.

Craig
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
Craig,

Thank you I am looking through them now.

So lets say I bought a 4 axis controller, can I use the current Drivers/other contents I already have, or am I buying separate accessories from the same place I get the controller from? If buying separate, what other components do I need to get my machine running?

Thank you again for the help, much appreciated,

Joe P.
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 02:40:14 PM »
Hi,
I would consider a BoB if the motion controller requires one, the ESS does for instance. Thereafter I would attempt to use what has been
supplied. Can you post a couple of pics of your stepper drivers etc?

Craig
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »
Oh ok that makes sense.

"Inside Controller" Folder

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6gzpeTme6nORUp6b0pNeDNUREk?usp=sharing

Joe P.
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 08:32:42 AM »
Hi,
can you inspect one of the stepper drives a bit more closely, hopefully to indentify the manufacturer and get a manual or pinout. You need to
know what each of the four input wires are. Cant see how the VFD is controlled, looks a bit like a simple on/off relay on the motion control
board.

Maybe in the first instance don't worry about controlling the VFD, just get the axes, limits and homes working.

Craig

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »
The drivers look like the ones I used before from Keling. They have deep switches to set the parameters but it looks like they are set correctly since the green light on them is ON.

Years ago I had a similar problem, all was fine but I could not move any axes. With the help from Keling I discovered it had to do with my limit switches, I had wired them between the COM / NO terminals and should have been between the COM / NC terminals on them.

Never understood why the limits would prevent the axes from moving but it solved the problem.
Nicolas
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »
Hi,
kool, shouldn't ne any problem to drive those puppies.

Craig