Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:55:43 AM

Author Topic: Module Works Simulator  (Read 18352 times)

Re: Module Works Simulator
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »
I don't get the .dll error.  I am good there.  I get the Failed to load shared library mwSim.m4pw

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 03:55:00 PM »
Thanks for that info Daz
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »
Hello All,

I have created a video of me doing a fresh install of MW following DaztheGas install instructions so that you all can see the error and problem I get.
If there is anything you can think of for me to look at, just reply and I will check it out and report back.
Thanks again and I hope this helps to uncover any issues if any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxuTbcRE9RE

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 01:22:50 AM »
Beerbatter,
Why did you not use the ModuleWorks Profile when you start Mach4?
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
I started with the MW profile in the beginning, but that never worked either.  My video install tries to follow DastheGas's proven method of starting with the Mach4Mill default profile, just to be sure nothing is funky with any custom profiles that might prevent MW from running correctly.  He showed a method that worked, and I attempted to duplicate that method.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »
Well that has stumped me. I had a motherboard die over the weekend so I have just installed win7 pro on different computer and installed mach4 and sim actually hoping for it to fail so I could see what else it required....
Everything worked fine just as in video I did, so I cant figure this out???

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 05:29:50 PM »
It most definitely has to be something odd about my PC, although the exact same error has occurred with another member, so although maybe rare, there is something up related to Windows.

Just to be sure something funky didn't happen to my MW license, I logged into my account at NewFangled, verified my PC ID, and had the MW license file resent.  Loaded the resent license and still no good.
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
Just some background on my PC which is having the same issues as Beerbatter. It is a old Dell 2400 with a celeron 2.2ghz proc running Win XP, 1g of ram and slow as mud.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2017, 11:11:58 PM »
There has got to be some other missing component.  Maybe another DLL that is required to run the MW simulator is missing on your systems?  Are either one of you familiar with dependancy walker?  http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I would like to see the output of that program when run on both of your machines.  It may tell us something.  So if you are comfortable running that, please do so.  Just point it at the mwSim.m4pw file. 

Steve
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2017, 01:53:15 AM »
smurph,

Thanks for the idea.  I did as you said.  DW reported a number of missing .dll's.
Unfortunately, I failed to somehow save the DW report before trying to fix it myself, so I can't give you a list of all the files that it said were missing except for one which I wrote down (msvcp120.dll).  After searching for that on the Internet, it said I needed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013.  So I downloaded and installed the redistributable and that solved some of the missing .dll issues.

The other missing .ddl's suggested a .NET Framework 4.7 missing, so I downloaded it and installed.  Still no good.
Below are the remaining errors in DW before I try and go any further.

Be aware that I found something on the Internet that said DW is outdated (2006) and may not report correct results for newer OS's.