Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:33:01 AM

Author Topic: Module Works Simulator  (Read 18342 times)

Re: Module Works Simulator
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »
Got it back up and running. Had to dig and dig to find the proper drivers from dell. Running on an old Dimension 2400 with a Celeron running at a whopping 2.2Ghz lol. The simulation business is ticking me off. MW does not show up in available plug ins, and all I get is the green screen even after setting up a tool table. Small, but there.
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »
Right on.  Congrats on the back up and running.
With MW, do you still get the "Unable to load shared library mwSim.m4pw?
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 12:26:32 AM »
Yep, I sure do. I still dont have it in the plugins drop down either. I have all the plugin files like Mauri shows but still no go.

Offline Mauri

•  328 328
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »
JB-Tech/Beerbatter,
Just to ensure we are all on the same page.
MW will only work on the PC that the license was generated.
The License is generated the same as the Mach4 using the PC identification as shown in the Mach4 Help panel.
If you want to use it on another PC you must go to the Mach4 site login and Delete the unwanted License and generate a new one.
You can only have one License with MW per purchase.
If this does not help sorry for wasting your time.
Regards,
Mauri.
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2017, 08:15:43 AM »
I purchased Mach4 and MW at same time, and used the PC ID from my CNC PC, which I also used to download from Newfangled.  All purchasing, downloading, installing, and licensing was done on my CNC PC.  So good there.
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 10:27:45 PM »
From all the work I have done to try and get this to work, along with the never ending help from Mauri (Mauri you rock), I think there is either an issue with the way the MW license file is being compiled, or there is a problem with the way the mwSim.m4pw file is being compiled, or there is a problem with the ability for Mach4 to register the mwSim.m4pw file so that it shows up in the list of Plugins in the Mach4 Configuration Menu.

Furthermore, if you try and go the usual route of adding a new plugin using the "Add" button in the Mach4 plugins config menu, that tool looks for a file with the extension *.m4plugw, of which no such file has ever surfaced for ModuleWorks.
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Beerbatter, I bought everything at once, created all Lic files using same PCID. It flat out doesnt work. Half tempted to email support and ask for my money back. Obviously MW didnt do much bug checking to verify this stuff works and AS/ Mach guys didnt do much testing before throwing it up as ready to use and charge people for it.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Take a look of the way I have installed the Simulator.   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,35089.0.html

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
Followed your steps precisely and no good. Still the same errors as I had before. After installing the MW license, closing M4, reopening M4, and then going to the Screen editor to select the register for the new panel, the mwSim0/Panel0 register does not appear in the list.  And yes, Mach4 reported that the MW License file was installed successfully during that step.

I still feel there is something wrong with my license file.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:48:08 PM by Beerbatter »

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2017, 02:23:46 PM »
Maybe this might help posted by MachSupport

If you are getting a failed to load .dll error message when opening the Module Works profile, then you need the vcomp120.dll from the windows 2013 redistributables. If you contact support us at Machsupport.com we will send you the file, the new installer has the file added to it and we will get it posted for download after testing.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas