Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:39 AM

Author Topic: Module Works Simulator  (Read 18343 times)

Re: Module Works Simulator
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 02:32:04 PM »
OK, Thanks.  Still a mystery then.
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
I probably should have asked this first.  Has anyone tried running MW on Windows 7.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »
I have not. I don't have any W7 machines anymore.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 11:10:58 AM »
I`m using win7 pro and all is working fine :-)

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
Hey guys, I too kicked the cash to buy a license and am pretty dumb founded. You would think this module would come ready to rock. But its not. I just get an error upon loading Mach4 that it cant find the sim library.   
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »
There you go.  Finally someone else with the same issue.  I was beginning to think I was nuts.
Don't get me wrong, I wish there weren't any issues, but at least now that someone else has surfaced with same issue, maybe we can begin to solve it.

From all the work I have done to try and get this to work, along with the never ending help from Mauri (Mauri you rock), I think there is either an issue with the way the MW license file is being compiled, or there is a problem with the way the mwSim.m4pw file is being compiled, or there is a problem with the ability for Mach4 to register the mwSim.m4pw file so that it shows up in the list of Plugins in the Mach4 Configuration Menu.

Furthermore, if you try and go the usual route of adding a new plugin using the "Add" button in the Mach4 plugins config menu, that tool looks for a file with the extension *.m4plugw, of which no such file has ever surfaced for ModuleWorks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:36:08 PM by Beerbatter »
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 04:32:35 PM »
There is one other thing I forgot to mention.  Why such a complex licensing structure.  I know it is important to protect the software, but currently in my License subdirectory I have 5 license files for 2 products, Mach4 and ModuleWorks.

Two for Mach4:
Mach4Lic.dat
mach4-hobby+MCH-etc.etc.

Three for MW:
SolidSim.dat
SolidSimLic.dat
3d-cutting-simulator-mach4-hobby-plugin+MCH-etc.etc.

Can anyone tell me how what these are all for and how they are related?  Sure is complex.
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
I'm kind of in a crap position too, my Mach4 computers ethernet card died so I cant access internet with it. Everything I've been doing up till now has been using my laptop to download install files, copy them to a hard drive then plug hard drive into Mach machine, copy, paste, install. What a headache. 
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »
How do I add the simulation tab too say the wx4.set?
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
Hey JB,

I hear ya man.
On the dead Ethernet card, I solved that once with a USB WiFi dongle.  They are pretty cheap and will get you going without even opening up the computer chassis.
Heck, it may be even faster than what you had in there before that died.  Just a thought.
Good luck getting your stuff going.
- Noel