Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:00:05 AM

Author Topic: Spindle Doesn't Start When Starting Mid Program  (Read 1518 times)

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
Spindle Doesn't Start When Starting Mid Program
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »
Hi

I am having issues with the comms to the PMDX board which looses connection during a run. When I try and restart the cutting mid program, while following the instruction manual (I think :)),  the spindle doesn't start but rest seems to work. It's like it's not cycling thru ánd picking up the fact it needs to start the spindle before proceeding with the cut.

Does anyone know what mistake I'm making. I have tried several times with the same result.

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle Doesn't Start When Starting Mid Program
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 10:05:28 PM »
hi first let me say i could be all wet this is out of my comfort zone but you are starting mid program or mid g code where is your m3 or m4 command if it is at the beginning and you are starting in the middle mach never gets the command. as a work around you can manually start the spindle the cycle start your program. hope this helps
m

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 05:21:27 AM »
The way I read the Manual it seems to me when you follow the process they lay out the programme should take that into account, so I figured I was doing something wrong. But yes I could put in a bit of code at the right point and start the spindle myself. I'm shiny new when it comms to running a CNC so the less coding the better, at least for the moment. :)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »
a quick and dirty method
if you are certain the tool is in the clear just click on the CW/CCW button on the right hand side of the screen under the green spindle on

Offline dq828

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 05:53:07 AM »
Thanks, I'll have a look at that.