Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:54:23 AM

Author Topic: Auto Zero Z-axis Metric  (Read 12750 times)

Re: Auto Zero Z-axis Metric
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 06:20:06 AM »
Yip, i ran the file several times now, sonwthing seems to be wrong, not with the file, but with the system itself. I did a few runs, what i noticed:

first time z went down, touched, went up and hovered about 5mm above the contact
second time Z went down....... hovered about 8 mm telling me it was 29.5 (so nearly perfect
third time Z went down, touched, and went down deeper, offcourse i stopped it

So i am lost in space now. Everything else runs perfect, only this function goes sour.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 06:23:29 AM »
I can live with it if the Z axis goes down. Stops on contact. If possible telling me it's 19.4 mm, doing nothing else. What values should i change in the file??
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 06:25:15 AM by fredmens »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 07:22:43 AM »
Hi Fred,

If it's not operating 100% reliably then, in my opinion, it would be unwise to use the Auto Zero function. The problem is that it may work perfectly until you are setting an expensive or delicate tool - and that's when it always fails.

Many of the Chinese motion controllers do not fully support the G31 function (as far as Mach3 is concerned) and unless they are prepared to offer customer support by updating their plugin there is little that can be done. Try contacting XHC to find out which version of Mach3 they recommend for using the G31 function (it may be an earlier version than the .062 which I suggested). If you don't have an XHC contact email then Alex He may be able to help  xhctech-alex@hotmail.com

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »
Thanx very much. I had some mailcontact with alex before. he is about the only one who is capable and willing in helping and is able to write in English.

If it is something that is due to XHC i will use the probe, only to make contact and stop it there manually. From there on i will evertything by hand.

Thanx very much

Fred
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:12 AM »
I meant off-course the only one at XHC. The real tech department there are not able to speak or write in english, and to be honest.... my chinese is quite rusty

Thanx very much. I had some mailcontact with alex before. he is about the only one who is capable and willing in helping and is able to write in English.

If it is something that is due to XHC i will use the probe, only to make contact and stop it there manually. From there on i will evertything by hand.

Thanx very much

Fred

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »
and to be honest.... my chinese is quite rusty

;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 07:06:54 AM »
By any chance Tweakie, is it possible for you to "tweak"  the script you gave me ? lowering the Z speed 50 it makes contact with the probe, then the DRO should show 19.4 and nothing further on. Z stays in that position, end of action.

Thanx in advance

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 08:20:40 AM »
Hi Fred,

The third line in the script determines the probe feed-rate (currently set at 50).

The line which raises the axis, after the ‘touch’, has been commented out so the axis should now touch and stay.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
Perfect thanx. I hope i find some time tomorrow to give it a go.

Thanx for everything you did so far.

Fred

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
My pleasure sir.

Tweakie.
PEACE