Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:39:59 PM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam?  (Read 12815 times)

Lazy Cam?
« on: March 18, 2006, 07:30:19 PM »
How do you select a cutting tool in LC? 
Is it done thru Mach?

Neal
Re: Lazy Cam?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 08:40:34 AM »
At this point there is not a was but it is on the list of things to be added soon...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 02:30:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Brian, can't wait!
Lazy Cam with tool selection and cutter compensation will create an even larger demand and interest in Mach software.

Neal
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 02:31:39 PM »
Neal Comp is working now :) All you have to do is type in the Tool dia that you are going to run in mach3...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
Thanks, Brian

Neal
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 08:07:46 PM »
Hello,

I'm a newby in CNC machines and I'm trying to get a bit familiar with Mach3 and Lazycam so forgive me if I'm asking silly questions  ;)
I was currently trying to specify the tool diameter in LC but I can't find find where to type it.
Compared to the tutorial video, my LC screen is also slightly different as the "execute" button does not appear.
Is the fact that I don't have the licence yet can explain that LC doesn't show the whole functions ? (I downloaded the Mach3 version 1.90.031 with LC included)

Thanks
Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 07:25:42 AM »
The leading move must be the same size or larger than the tool that you would like to use. once you have done that you check Tool Comp in the Post options. This will Add G41,G42 and G40's to the program. In Mach3 you can just type in the Dia of the tool that you would like to cut with (that is less than the lead in move). I will make a video n the next few days (I think it is time for a NEW video).

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 08:17:37 AM »
Thanks Brian
It works fine !

Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 06:50:27 AM »
Good owork getting that working! There are no Doc's telling how to  do it at this point so you are a Good test case!
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »
Brian,

Just to give you a feedback of my little experience, I made an other test yesterday with a very simple drawing of a circle and a rectangle inside a larger rectangle (see attached "test" file).
I set the leadings (10 units / circular / inside left / climb mill for inside cuts and 10 units / circular / outside right / climb mill for the larger rectangle) but when generating the GCode I noticed two problems :
1- LCam put G42 instead of G41 for the first inside chain (circle)
2- no G41 (or even G42) was generated for the second inside chain (small rectangle) and for the outside chain (larger rectangle). It however generates properly the G40 code at the end of each chain.
That's maybe a bug of the beta version ?
I tried to circumvent the problem by disabling the creation by LCam of the G41/G42 and by inserting manually a G41 at the beginning of the code. But as it also disables the G40 creation, when the cutter goes to the origin of the next rapid movement (without moving up the Z axis), depending on the position of the leadOut, the tool may then cut where it shouldn't do. (hope my explanations are clear enough  :-\)

Jean-Louis
Jean-Louis