Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:54:03 AM

Author Topic: Access to maintenance parameter values  (Read 2750 times)

Access to maintenance parameter values
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
Hi All

I want to get my lathe cnc lubrication system up and running

I would like to access some of the values contained in the maintenance flyout

Ideally I would like the combine the value of both the x Total Distance and Z Total Distance

when the combined value is greater than say 20 Metres bring on the pump for a few secs

using either brain or macro

I have noticed that GetParam("TotalHours") works but I can't see anything for Total Distance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

George

Re: Access to maintenance parameter values
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »
In the turn xml there are entries for dist0 to dist5, I assume those are axis xyzabc.  Mine have values for 0,2,3 which would correspond to x,z,a which I have.

There is also a SecondsOn value which I presume is what is retrieved with the TotalHours param.  I couldn't find anything else on the subject.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »
Hi rhtuttle

Many thanks for that. I have checked with my xml and they do indeed tie up with the values in my Maintenance statistics

Unfortunately I am still not able to access the info using these labels

When I was searching for past questions on the subject I noticed that back in 2006 there was a promise

that Art was going to establish the "calls" to allow this to happen. I am assuming this work did not go ahead.

Has all work on Mach3 now stopped or is this something that is still a possibility?

Cheers George
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 02:53:54 PM »
AFIK all work on M3 has stopped.  I would bet there is a list somewhere at NewFangled that includes all GetParam strings.  You might try posting a PM to Art Fennerty.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27194.0.html

RT
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
Hi RT

Thinking about it, even if he did do that I am not using the latest version of Mach3 as I found the closer

I got to the final version the flakier the program stability became. I think there was just sticking plasters added

to patch up problems. Which was understandable I suppose as Mach 4 was now the focus to pay the bills.

I think I will just have to bite the bullet and rig up a sensor on one of the axis screws and deal with it that way.

It seems a great shame as I think the information I need is there (just out of reach) but just waiting to be tapped.

Many thanks for your help

George
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »
start a support ticket and see what happens, worth a try.