Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:14:50 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Plugin-Development  (Read 11565 times)

Re: Mach4 Plugin-Development
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 06:27:18 PM »
ou est la version 4868
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2022, 07:43:00 PM »
http://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/

download MAch4 Hobby dated 2021 or later. I found build number 4839. But you might want to install in another computer if all you want is the mcXhcMpg.m4pw, and mcXhcMpg.sig plugin files
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2022, 04:43:36 PM »
Mach builds after 4688 have the plugin.

Steve

my whb04-4 not work with mach4 i have version 4839 and not detected my mpg
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2022, 10:47:59 AM »
That is why I bought a Shuttlepro. The XHC pendant worked so well in Mach3  :P
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2022, 07:23:33 PM »
Speaking of plugin's.  Is there any way to decompile a plugin?  That is to see how it works.  I'm asking this because the plugin for the UC 100 motion controller is not being detected by Mach 4.  As I understand it CNC drive and Newfangled are competitors and I thought there might be a coded reason that Mach 4 is not picking this up.   And no, I have no programming experience at all.  Thank you.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »
Hi,

Is there any way to decompile a plugin?

No. You could probably decompose it to assembly language....but assembly language is a far cry from the C source code, even an extremely clever programmer will not be able to generate
the source code from the assembly decomposition.

The plugin for a UC100 is written and maintained by CNCdrive. They must have signed a Non Disclosure Agreement with NFS so that NFS would provide the inside details of how
Mach4 works so CNCDrive can in turn write a working plugin.

NFS and CNCDrive are competitiors is the sense that Mach4 and UCCNC are being sold to the same market. NFS is however keen that CNCDrive write a Mach4 compatible plugin for their
UCnnn devices, including the UC100. I can't imagine any reason that NFS would have to construct Mach4 NOT to operate with any UCnnn device. It is after all to NFS's advantage that
as many different motion controllers operate with Mach4 and thereby secure as many sale oppurtunities as possible.

I suspect that as NFS has released the latest builds that some detail about the build prevents the UC100 plugin from running. I don't imagine its deliberate for the reason I mentioned above,
indeed I would imagine that NFS would try to keep successive builds such that all manufacturers plugins would continue to operate. Having said that from time to time an alteration
of Mach4 causes an issue with a plugin.

I use an Ethernet SmoothStepper and there have been occasions where a new build of Mach4 has caused the ESS plugin to misbehave. It is Warp9's responsibility to alter their Mach4 plugin
to suit not the other way around. Having said that NFS have, according to Warp9's tech guy, Andy, always tried to assist Warp9's evolution of their plugin.

I can well imagine that CNCDrive are focused on their customers, namely UCCNC users. Their secondary customers whom have bought hardware only, like a UC100, and using
Mach software are a lesser priority.

May I suggest asking CNCDrive which build of Mach4 their plugin was designed to work with. Its more likely that if you are trying to use the latest development build of Mach4 then you
may have problems when the plugin was developed to work with thw current stable release version.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'