Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:05:08 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Plugin-Development  (Read 11670 times)

Re: Mach4 Plugin-Development
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 11:19:44 AM »
Thanks for the reply Steve! Where can I get the 4688 build?
Any link(s) that I can try?
Thanks,
Darren

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 11:34:25 AM »
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2021, 12:39:04 PM »
Thank you Steve, I will look at all those files to find a build greater than 4688.
Hope this will get my HB04B-mpg operating!
Darren
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2021, 03:43:00 PM »
Quick Update!
I have my whbo4b mpg finally working with mach4, Thank you Steve.
I can now enjoy using my pendant with my cnc6090. Your the best and keep up the great work….too bad the manufacture of the mpg develop an update. But NO! They informed me if I ordered 200 mpg’S that they would build an mpg for mach4, wow…what a con they are. Anyways, Thanks Steve, All the best.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »
I'm glad you are up and running!  I still have to implement a feature or two, but the the plugin seems to work nicely. 

Oh, you don't have to update to the latest Mach build to use the plugin.  Just install the latest build into a different directory (not installing any profiles) and just copy the mxXhcMpg files out of the plugins directory from the new build to your old build.  The plugin will be backward compatible with the older builds unless you are using a 10 year old build of Mach 4.  :) 

Steve
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 12:18:39 AM »
I'm a new user of the software (3 weeks) and running version 4.2.0.4517 for an AVID CNC. The latest version on the website is 4612. Just curious on how to get the plugin.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 03:43:13 PM »
here you go
http://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/
Oh, you don't have to update to the latest Mach build to use the plugin.  Just install the latest build into a different directory (not installing any profiles) and just copy the mxXhcMpg files out of the plugins directory from the new build to your old build.  The plugin will be backward compatible with the older builds unless you are using a 10 year old build of Mach 4.  :) 

Steve
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
I downloaded the latest development version and installed it to a dummy directory on a different PC I copied the two plugin files and added them to my production PC in the plugin folder. I deleted the driver from the device manager as I was trying to use a different version of the XHC that was not working and let windows re-discover the USB adapter. Fired up Mach4 on my production machine and enabled the plugin. Restarted Mach4 and it works!! This is fantastic! As mentioned somewhere else, the incremental mode doesn't work so the resolution isn't the greatest but it accomplishes 99% of everything I was looking for. We have a 5' x 10' Pro version of AVID CNC with the option of plasma on one end and the spindle on the other. We also cut some very large parts and having the XCH really allows me to safely get around the table and check setups. Thanks for providing the information and looking forward to applying macros to some of the additional buttons! Very Grateful and Thank You!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 01:45:52 PM »
Aha. I just posted to a different thread regarding Step (incremental) mode not working.

I see this too. Is that a problem with the firmware or a gribbly with the plugin? In other words - is it something we'll just have to live with?

I'm so pleased to get ANY functionality working for this pendant - I'm also using an Avid, and these machines are so large that a cable pendant just isn't practical. I cant read the mach4 dro's from the back of the machine so a handheld readout is a life-saver.

Thanks for jumping in here Steve. Not good that you end up supporting someone elses hardware like this, but really appreciated 🙂

Jon
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »
Steve replied in the other topic thread here:
   https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=37581.msg288936#msg288936

that build 4746 might be better for Step mode. I just tried it and it seems to work perfectly  :)

So, might be better to avoid the later builds for now.