Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:59:05 AM

Author Topic: Spindle not working  (Read 19025 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle not working
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 06:26:17 AM »
Excellent news, I am pleased to hear that you have started making chips  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
The more I read, the happier I am that I could not load the Mach 3 that came with my 6040 from Ebay. None of the files were in English and the Mach 3 was corrupted and would not load.  I decided to just come here and get the real program. Just getting ports & pins sorted out and working on controlling the spindle.
Any idea where to access the real Mach 3 manual in English?
Fred

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 01:25:39 AM »
Hi Fred,

You can find the Mach manuals, videos and tutorials here http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 09:40:57 PM »
Thanks, I can see I have some serious reading to do.
Fred
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »
Hi All,
this is probably off topic, I apologise if I'm upsetting anyone.

Why do so many Chinese suppliers do things like this?

I can certainly understand that they wish to produce products as cheap as possible to capture as many sales as possible. The pirate copy of Mach3
they supply is often corrupt. That will bring their customers onto the Mach forum and the company will be exposed as a fraud. Surely if you are going
to supply a pirate copy of any software you could at least make sure it works and the associated documentation was correct/usable so if someone
purchased it they would probably not realise that it is a pirate copy.

A lot of the Chinese made routers are excepting the junk/ pirated controller and software not bad value. I mean that if you had to buy and assemble
all the parts required you would be hard pushed to match them. If they stuck to advertising the value for money that their router offers they would
still do well and not occasion any 'blowback' because they tried to palm off rubbish electronics/ software/ instructions.

The fact that so many of us are prepared to buy from such suppliers is the only reason for their existence. That we do encourages otherwise honest
Chinese suppliers to go down the pirate/ junk route just to remain competitive.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 06:37:02 AM »
Why do so many Chinese suppliers do things like this?

Simple............."CONSCIENCE" ..........!

RICH

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 11:24:55 PM »
I must say that with my Chinese 6040 router/mill, the seller never claimed it included a licensed copy of Mach-3 only that the "demo version" included could run the machine. So I guess they get a pass on that one (I opted to buy a real copy).  On the other hand they included a Chinese language copy of AutoCad 2004 also unusable.
Fred
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:39 AM »
OK.. Having searched for answer I've found Y'all (Yes from Georgia)  I too  have been duped. I purchase a  USB version CNC6040 on Ebay. I installed MACH3 albeit "Pirated"  :-(  I setup the configuration from a poorly translated document and a very poor video.  The controller respond to X-Y-Z commands using the keyboard [PG Up-PgDown) and arrow keys. However my spindle doesn't move ever.  No arcs or sparks just doesn't spin no mater what I config.  

I'm not certain if Bucks resolved the problem. I too would gladly purchase a license.  I'd even question if I should buy MACH4.  I recall someone saying that they couldnt get the USB Handwheel to work with MACH4. So some hesitation on that decision . Thanks for any input, direction, advice.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:29:44 AM by MTCSS »
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 12:36:58 AM »
Hi,
I very much doubt your controller has a Mach4 plugin and therefore will not work with Mach4.

Sounds like your struggling to get it to work with Mach3 let alone getting more ambitious.
You will absolutely need to download a fresh and current copy of Mach3 and start from there.
You don't need i licence to try it and experiment, just remember that jobs longer than 500
lines of code won't complete..

If you get tired of messing around with Chinese controller then consider a US or European made one,
they work and the manufacturer will back them up.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 06:36:41 AM »
Well some progress! I removed the bootleg MACH3 and installed a fresh version trialware. I went over the configs and plugged in values.  The axis control continued to function.  However, spindle motion didn't initially work.   I tried the watch the Chinese video as close as possible to catch what they were entering into the VFD.  I caught a few entries like D0001 and he entered a 1 moved to D0032 again entering a 1. I was pretty much lost in this. BUT.... I saw some movement and the spindle rpm displayed about 300 and the rheostat  in "manual" mode varied the spindle RPM.  So I believe it must be the configuration and MACH3  having problems with spindle control.  Absolutely no documentation from the Ebay seller.  I'm such a noob I really dont understand any of this VFD stuff.  This all started with an old retired (me) noob wanting a CNC hobby startup making family/friend gifts.   I feel I've bitten off more then I bargained for.  I'm really over my head and may just  pack it all up :-(   I appreciate advice and insight.
Dave