Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:09:51 AM

Author Topic: Spindle not working  (Read 18963 times)

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Spindle not working
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:40:11 PM »
Hi guys, totally new to CNC & have just purchased a 3040 machine with 800w motor, I've spent all weekend getting it set up, but for the life of me can't get the spindle to work! Any ideas what the problem might be? I've attached a few photos to hopefully give you an idea of what I've done as I'm not very computer savvy.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm just about getting to the end of my tether.

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle not working
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 05:00:09 PM »
Motor outputs - Spindle enabled - step pin 1 - dir pin 0 - dir low active enabled - step low active enabled - step port 1 - dir port 0

Output signals - output#1 enabled - port 1 - pin number 17 - active low enabled

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:41 PM »
Anyone able to help???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:06:36 AM »
If you attach the <your profile> .xml file (from your Mach3 folder) we can see how you have Mach3 set-up to run the spindle VFD.

Copy your .xm file , rename it to Bucks.xml then attach using the Additional Options.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 11:38:37 AM »
I've had a different instruction manual sent to me so have been tinkering a bit with the spindle settings but still no joy! attached is the xml file
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:45:00 AM by Bucks »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:22 AM »
Hi Bucks,

Unfortunately, through no fault of your own, you have been duped by the supplier of your new CNC machine and you have installed a Pirate Mach3 License (Licensed to...MaoA˜A  ¯Ðtonar).

The recommendation is that you document all of your configuration settings........... every one of them. Do a clean install of the OS, download Mach from our site. Install it and configure it for your machine following the install and config. Guide.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:06:24 AM »
Thanks for your reply Tweakie, to be honest I thought that was the case & had every intention on once the machine was up & running purchasing the licence & then contacting the seller to try & get some of the money back (I had no intentions of permamently using a pirate licence) I was seeing it as a trial period.

Ok moving forwards as I've spent almost a week now trying to set this up, i'll buy an official licence now! do I really have to do a clean install of the OS (I did that just before I started setting up this cnc & had to get a computer guy in to sort it out) the Mach3 was downloaded from the Mach3 website as a lot of the files that I was emailed from China aren't working!
The only files I used from China are the licence, mach3mill xml file & a plugin for the USB driver.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 03:35:34 AM »
Hi Bucks,

do I really have to do a clean install of the OS

I don’t think you need to do that but it was the official recommendation.

If the plugin for the USB driver automatically installs the Pirate license then you need to delete the file ‘Mach1Lic.dat’ from your Mach3 folder and use Mach3 in Demo Mode.
It would be best to copy all your existing settings and use them with the clean Mach3 install rather than using the China supplied .xml file which may be corrupt.

If you have decided that you wish to use Mach3 then a genuine license can be obtained from here : http://www.machsupport.com/shop/mach3/

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:23 AM »
I've just purchased a genuine licence, I'll figure out what to do with it & work my way through your other instructions (I wasn't joking when I said I wasn't very computer savvy lol)

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:51:28 AM »
Hi Bucks,

The recommendation is that you document all of your configuration settings........... every one of them. Do a clean install of the OS, download Mach from our site. Install it and configure it for your machine following the install and config. Guide.

Tweakie.

Sorry to be so dumb but where do I find all my configuration settings? Also the install & config guide! Is that in Mach3? As I haven't noticed it!