Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:02:29 PM

Author Topic: MDI Problems  (Read 1925 times)

MDI Problems
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
I'm not sure what I've done.  My MDI boxes won't work properly.  I put code into them and it puts Mach in a RUN MDI State forever.  It doesn't do any of the code, it just acts like its doing something and won't stop.  Running G Code works fine, just nothing in the MDI.  Any Ideas?  I don't remember what to attach for the profile.  Can someone let me know.
Chad Byrd

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: MDI Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
Have you done any customizing? If you have done any customizing you will have to think about what you did and undo it until its sorted. I would likely test with an unedited default profile, screen, modules, macros and all to see if that works right first.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »
That's the thing.  The only thing that I've changed has been in the Mach Config and Modbus.  Other profiles work just fine.  Is there a way to restore previous versions? What little I've changed since yesterday won't matter to me, and it was working yesterday. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
I found the "Restore Backup" Button on the Mach4 Loader.  The backup from this morning works great.  Not sure what I did.  The only thing that I really recall doing was try and run the Gcode Execute and MDI Execute from a Macro. 
Either way, if I figure out what it was I'll post it on here. 
Chad Byrd
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »
This is happened to me a few more times yesterday and today.  The only time I know exactly what I changed was Activating Input0 in the Mach config.  It did it twice when I did that.  But the previous times this problem occurred I hadn't messed with Mach Input Configurations at all.  So I'm still confused as to why I keep getting this error.   I am still able to restore the previous backup and be just fine.
Chad Byrd