Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:55:33 AM

Author Topic: Pause and re-start not working correctly  (Read 2052 times)

Pause and re-start not working correctly
« on: February 07, 2017, 07:54:57 AM »
Hi,

Seem to be having trouble with pause/re-starting Gcode and wondered if anyone else has seen this problem and perhaps have a solution. It doesn't happen every time but this is the second instance where the cutter has gouged a job after restarting from hitting the space bar. If i'm going to pause the router, I try to pause on a straight cut and this morning it continued in the same direction at the correct height after re-start but then removed a radius turning it into a chamfer then continued on the same line straight through the stock!

The other day I had a job with a long machine time and nervously stopped a started about four times without a problem. I thought the first time was just a one off and then it happened again today.

Any solutions/advice would be appreciated.

Steve.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Pause and re-start not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:16 AM »
The only time i have managed to get this to work is to press Feed-Hold then when the motion stops I press stop, to get going again i used Run From Here iIIRC

I hate doing it though and really try not to.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »
Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. After doing a few searches I found a piece on the SmoothStepper site(I'm using SmoothStepper) that describes a similar problem and they recommend installing an older more stable version of Mach3. I'm currently on 066 and they say 062 is better.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:27:20 AM »
062 seems to be the "go to" version for Mach3