Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:38:10 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 not Moving in any axis!! HELP PLEASE!!  (Read 12964 times)

Re: Mach 3 not Moving in any axis!! HELP PLEASE!!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 04:16:45 PM »
It's always been like that though.. Strange...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »
Another thing to try…

In
Config. / Ports and Pins / Input Signals

Disable the Signal X++

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 05:49:07 AM »
Thanks so much for all these options. There is power to all the ports on the cable, I have changed the .xml to an old backup file, and I have disabled the X++ too. Still not working. I understand what you mean with the lights going on. You are right, under diagnostics, the lights turn on when activated. Its the control box lights that are on and turn off when activated. (picture 2 on my original post.) So all seems well there too. What can I do next? would it be a case of getting a new control box component? if so, I have no idea what to get! I looked on ebay and found a company selling these// any idea if they may help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECO-High-Quality-Mach3-USB-3-Axis-CNC-Motion-Control-Card-Breakout-Board-400KHz-/401047389146?hash=item5d604983da:g:2lIAAOSwoudW6MrQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cnc-Kit-4-Axis-Tb6560AHQ-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Board-Controller-With-Box-Mach3-/361863101695?hash=item5440b8bcff:g:oy8AAOSwa~BYYOlr

What do you think? Thanks once again for helping me!!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 06:32:23 AM »
Also, I have just worked out that when I switch the actual control box off, whilst mach 3 is running a program, the vertical axis moves 1/4" then stops. thats the only way I can get any axis to move.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 06:53:05 AM »
Do you have a manual (with circuit diagrams) for your existing control box ?

The first product you have linked is a USB driven motion controller and would require extra parts.

The second product you have linked may be a good replacement for your existing controller (using your existing power supply, etc.) and the wiring-up is documented by the supplier. However, please bear in mind that the cheap Chinese products sometimes work OK and sometimes they do not – there is often no backup or technical support from the supplier and you are pretty much on your own.

It costs considerably more but the Gecko G540 (http://www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive-step-motor-drives/g540.html) is probably the best product you could buy – it comes with all the technical support and backup you would ever need. Again the wiring-up is all well documented and there are plenty of people here who could help if you run into difficulties.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:37 AM »
Also, I have just worked out that when I switch the actual control box off, whilst mach 3 is running a program, the vertical axis moves 1/4" then stops. thats the only way I can get any axis to move.

I take it that Mach3 runs OK when you hit Cycle Start (assuming Gcode file loaded etc.) it is just the machine that does not move.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 07:01:58 AM »
That's wonderful, thanks for that, I just didn't know where to start to look for what I might need. And, yes, everything works, it's just the machine which does not move.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
One more thing to try...

Run DriverTest.exe (Mach3 folder) this will ensure that the parallel port drivers are installed and working OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 10:37:37 AM »
Thanks for that. With that Gecko module, how would we wire in the axis? It looks like the old Joystick plugs, where at the moment we have the following in the picture attached

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 01:21:36 AM »
You would purchase the G540 together with 4 of the 9 pin D type connectors. Your existing connectors would be replaced. It requires some delicate soldering but the stepper motor Phase A and Phase B connections (together with the current controlling resistor connections) are clearly identified (on the unit and in the documentation).

Tweakie.
PEACE