Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:46:56 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 not Moving in any axis!! HELP PLEASE!!  (Read 12962 times)

Mach 3 not Moving in any axis!! HELP PLEASE!!
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this.. We use Mach 3 in our workshop to run our little CNC router. Since Christmas, it's not been talking to the cnc for some reason? We are running Mach 3 on Windows 7. The program is talking to the box, the lights all work.. If you manually push the end switch on each axis, the light goes out, as usual. The problem is there seems to be something stopping the power into each axis. It just wont run the program. I noticed when I switched off the power, they moved slightly... where can I go to get an answer? I've attached some pictures to help... Thanks!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 not Moving in any axis!! HELP PLEASE!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:36:37 AM »
Check in Windows Device Manager that the LPT Parallel Port address is the one that is entered into Mach3 Ports & Pins. It is typically 0x378 but some parallel port cards operate a dynamic port address which can change.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:51:06 AM »
Thanks for that. Checked that and it is the same.Still not working. It's a real struggle now! Our work is backing up and we have nowhere else to turn to!! Someone please help!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:36:46 AM »
Can you attach your .xml file please - this will show us your Mach3 settings in detail.
It is the one from your Mach3 folder titled <your profile>.xml (your profile name is shown on the bottom right of the Mach3 screen).
Copy this file and rename the copy to spindex.xml and attach it to your reply.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 06:54:19 AM »
Thank you so much, here it is.. hope it helps!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:18:06 AM »
I have sent you a PM.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 08:35:50 AM »
Hi, I have now logged into the original pc with the original version on. I've attached the VR1414 for that so hopefully you'll be able to see what you need here.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 10:50:48 AM »
I have checked through your .xml settings and it all seems OK. It certainly runs without issue here.

In the Mach3 folder there is a xmlbackups folder - select a <your profile> backup (xb#) from a date before you had problems - change the file extension to .xml and copy the file into the Mach3 folder replacing the existing .xml file.

If that does not resolve the problem then...

Check your LPT parallel port cable is OK (with a multimeter) to make sure it has pin1 connected to pin1, pin2 to pin2 etc. , etc.
With a voltmeter connected between pin 3 and pin 25 then jog the X axis in each direction and confirm that the voltage changes between 0Volts and 5Volts (approx.).
Check the voltage between pin 17 and pin 25  when Mach3 is running (charge pump).

Let me know how you get on.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
Thank you very much, I will try this in the morning and let you know. Thanks again!!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 04:12:47 PM »
You said in the first post, when you manually push the switch at the end of the axis, the light goes OUT. This is backwards. The led in mach3 should only come on when the limit switch is activated.  Mac3 thinks all the limits are active!

Nothing is going to move if any limit is ON.