Hello Guest it is November 15, 2019, 03:05:22 AM

Author Topic: Reference all home nothing happening  (Read 1491 times)

Reference all home nothing happening
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »
Is there a test I can do to make sure MAC 3 and my Ez Router r communicating together? nothing happening when i click Reference all home.

Thank You.
Re: Reference all home nothing happening
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:40:40 AM »
Anything? think of testing the parrel port out put. Not sure how to do this.

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,994 7,994
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:51:30 AM »
First step is to run DriverTest.exe (Mach3 folder).

Does this run correctly ?

Post you .xml file (<your profile> .xml ) then we can check your settings & look for possible errors. You need to copy the .xml file from you Mach 3 folder then rename it to  tlittler.xml then use the Additional Options... to attach to your post.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:48 AM »
tryed Driver Test .exe
Does nothing.
Having a person from IT come and take a look.

Thank you

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,994 7,994
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 01:35:27 AM »
Something to consider...

Mach3 will run on any Windows OS from Windows 2000 through Windows 10. The parallel port driver included with Mach3 will only work with 32-bit DESKTOP computers (Laptops are not supported) with versions of Windows 2000 through Windows 7, but will not work with any 64-bit version of Windows or with Windows 8. Windows 8, 10 and 64 bit versions of windows require an external motion device which can be purchased very reasonably.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:35:40 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 07:57:39 AM »
Tweakie,
Please clarify. What is the "external motion device which can be purchased very reasonably"? And where would I look for them? I'm trying to sale my CNC Router and building a Joe's EVO CNC. I have a PC I can use on the EVO but it is 64bit.

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,994 7,994
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
Tweakie,
Please clarify. What is the "external motion device which can be purchased very reasonably"? And where would I look for them? I'm trying to sale my CNC Router and building a Joe's EVO CNC. I have a PC I can use on the EVO but it is 64bit.

Here are just a couple that come to mind…

UC100 http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html
SmoothStepper http://warp9td.com/

But, there are many more to choose from.

(Please be aware that the very cheap Chinese motion control boards may not support all the Mach3 functions and also backup / support / software and firmware updates may not be available).

Tweakie.