Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:51:42 AM

Author Topic: Lazycam acting crazy  (Read 3138 times)

Lazycam acting crazy
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »
Hey, I loaded up a dxf the other day, the ends were not closed(doubt that has anything to do with anything) so basicly I set all the depths and press make g-code. my system started grinding real good, so i go to the folder and see a 13mb file! Mass confusion. so, oh well, I'll load it into notepad, next thing I know I have 7mb out of 1gb free memory, my page file grew from 300mb to 1.8gb and my dual core 3800+ was running at full bore. so I try to end task both notepad and lazycam, while looking in the task manager lazycam was still doing stuff, taking up the processing power of one cpu(guessing notpad was taking the other) and it wouldnt end, after a few minutes of messing with it I finally got them to end. So I reboot, load up mach3 and try to load the file, that hangs and wont end either. I reboot once again and go exploor for the file and see its 600MB!!!

Im pretty sure this all really doesnt mean anything, I dont have any real information from what happened. Its just a crazy expreience I had with it.

Hope I dont scare anyone away ;D

Jon
Re: Lazycam acting crazy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 09:22:43 AM »
I think I have that probem fixed... I have changed the output class in the code and it should fix that problem!

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 09:30:57 AM »
Are you updating the files somewhere so I can download the newest version?

Thanks,
Jon
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 09:39:48 AM »
I have to finish the excellon first :) I am going to try to get that out tonight
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com