Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:32:53 PM

Author Topic: how to configure the estop?  (Read 13658 times)

Re: how to configure the estop?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 06:29:13 AM »
It sounds like you're looking at the "Port 1 Pins Current State" LEDs on the Diagnostic screen.  Below this is a grouping of several LEDs labeled "Input Signals Current State".  At the bottom of this group is one labeled "Emergency".  What is that LED doing when you activate the E-Stop switch?  If it is not responding, then you do not have the Ports and Pins | Input Signals tab configured correctly and Mach3 will not respond to the switch.  Since you are seeing (I presume) the Port 1 Pins Current State" LED respond to the switch, the wiring appears to be ok.  However, you still need to tell Mach3 what pin this function is assigned to.  Get the EStop line enabled (green check) and make sure you set the port to 1 and pin to the pin you are using (pin 13 if I recall the earlier discussion correctly).  This should get the "Emergency" LED at least changing states in the "Input Signals Current State" section of the Diagnostic screen.  Then we can focus on getting it working with the correct logic with the "Active Low" setting if it is working backwards.  But the first step is getting that "Emergency" LED responding first.

Let us know what you see there and if you can get it changing states on that LED.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
SOLVED Re: how to configure the estop?
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 04:46:30 AM »
now it works and i feel really embarassed to tell the mistake. i used port 13 pin number 1  ??? , just switched the colums. i still had the order from motor outputs in mind, first the pins, then the port.

so anyway, thanks all for your help, now it is working perfect and my mill is complete. it is a 330kg artec zx45 mill, which i bought partely converted to cnc. yesterday evening i made my first steel chips :D

michael

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 05:56:30 AM »
Simplest things are the hardest to spot :)

Glad its making chips.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »
Cool!  Glad you got that figured out.  Like Dave said, simple things will keep us chasing our tails!

Highspeed