Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:38:20 AM

Author Topic: how to configure the estop?  (Read 13663 times)

how to configure the estop?
« on: September 20, 2016, 05:32:51 AM »
hi all,

one more problem with the estop.

i wired the estop switch to the bob and in the diagnostic screen the led flashes when estop is hit. other than that, nothing happens  :o , not even in mach3 with the estop button on the screen.

in my other mill i have a triple beast, there the machine stops.

it is a cheap chinease  bob (no charge pump) and leadshine amps. charge pump is not activated, no output activated so far.

am i right that i have to activate an output signal that then stopps the vfd and the motor amps? how can i get the mach3 estop button on the screen change its colour?

thanks,
michael

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: how to configure the estop?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:45:20 AM »
does mach go into reset when you trigger the e-stop?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:13:52 AM »
no mach3 does nothing ;-)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:20 AM »
Go Ports & Pins -> Inputs

Check that Emergency stop is not emulated and also that it is enabled
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:15 AM »
yes, estop is activated and not emulated.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 04:43:13 AM »
The LED that flashes in the diagnostic screen when e-stop is pressed - does that input number match the number assigned to e-stop in ports & pins?

If it does then I am all out of suggestions as the flashing LED shows wiring and BOB ok but if Mach does not act on the signal then ??

If it does not match then that is the problem, put that input number into ports & pins and try again.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 05:38:50 AM »
the led is on in the diagnostic screen, in the two rows that describe the parallelport. it goes out when i press the estop. the led "emergency" does not lid up pressing the estop, it stays out.

pin 13 is correct. maybe i have to put in a pullup resistor?

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:50:07 AM »
In the first post you said the led flashes when e-stop is hit, in the last post you say it goes out when e-stop is hit?

Only one can be correct.

So in diagnostics it is showing activity on pin13 when e-stop is pressed?

How is the switch wired - is it a normally closed one - e-stops usually are i.e. it open when you press it.

In ports and pins do you have pin 13 showing on the inputs tab where it says Estop ?
Also make sure you have the correct Port showing and that is NOT emulated.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 07:48:19 AM »
sorry for my confusion. the switch is a normally open one, when you press it the led goes off.

should i put a pull down resistor to the estop output on the bob and connect the switch to +12V and the estop output pin? that way if i would hit the switch the output would be high. i guess thats how it normally is with a normally closed switch and the output pin is connected through the switch to ground.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
If Mach is ignoring the switch by not going into reset, being high or low or n/c or n/o will not matter at this stage.

It will be wrong but try pressing the the e-stop, then see if you can get Mach to wake up by pressing the reset button on screen.

try that first

Button IN, press reset on screen, what happens?