Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:08:29 PM

Author Topic: Jog problem, stuck key symptom  (Read 2444 times)

Jog problem, stuck key symptom
« on: September 04, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »
Hi,

I noticed that my actual machine ignores Page Down key press for "Z Jog-" function...

To troubleshoot (late night here), I loaded default Mach4Router profile, with Simulator and Keyboard Inputs plugins enabled.
When I display Keyboard Diagnostics window, I see (to my surprise) that Page Down key is pernamently lit green. (Arrow Right Shift as well.)
Page Down key is definitely not stuck and it works as expected outside Mach4!
What is interesting, when I press Page Down Shift or Page Down Ctrl, it is indicated correctly in diagnostics.
Restarting Mach4 neither PC did not help.

Can you advice please how to fix? Screen attached.

Thanks.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Jog problem, stuck key symptom
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 05:55:57 PM »
From the Mach4 config have a look in the inputs tab to see if any of the assignments are set as active low.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 05:59:15 PM »
There is no enabled mapping on Input Signals tab in Mach4 config. I have not touched the default Mach4Router profile...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:54 AM »
I have not figured out actual reason for this, but it happens randomly for any of assigned keys.
Workaround for me is to restart Mach4. One restart usualy unstucks the keys...

Offline mzc

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 07:48:50 AM »
Has anyone else seen this happen, or know of a solution that does not involve restarting Mach4 (which is not always convenient in the middle of a multi-program setup).

I see 2 or more keys 'stuck low' as shown in the keyboard diagnostics, and no other keys work.
When I press the 'stuck' keys, they seem to get unstuck (as per the diagnostics), but until I restart Mach4, no keypresses are processed even though they show in the diagnostics window.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 08:01:41 AM by mzc »