Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:02:26 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 ver 3.043.046 cannot load USBSS plugin. Please Help.  (Read 4629 times)

Mach3 ver 3.043.046 cannot load USBSS plugin. Please Help.
« on: August 20, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »
No matter what I try, I cannot get Mach3 to see my USBSS plugins.

I know to reset device selection.

I cant seem to get the USBSS executable plugin (explosion icon)  to show up when I extract the zipped USBSS file. No matter which USBSS plugin version I try.

I can extract the file to the plugins directory, but then I don't get the executable M3P file that has the "explosion" for the icon. I just cant find that file so that I can click on it to install.

Why can I not see this M3P file when I extract?

I had to do a reinstall of everything, and although my lathe was working great with M3 Ver 3.043.046 and the V17FD plugin, not I cant get the plugin loaded again. When I look under plugin-control, I dont get ANY options of SS plugins.

I am in serious need of help, and I hope you have some thoughts to share.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 ver 3.043.046 cannot load USBSS plugin. Please Help.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
It is probably best if you ask the question on the Warp9 forum;   http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/recent

The information relating to your question is here;

http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-ess
http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/sw

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 03:10:29 PM »
I can post there, but it only has 27 topics and appears to be a very slow forum. hence my posting here.

I have been trying to get Mach3 running the 17fd plugin for almost 7 straight hours.

It appears that the download may be corrupted.

I have studied the [ages you provided for HOURS, and despite following instructions to the letter, I cannot get 17fd loaded. When I do get it loaded (as has happened once or twice) i cannot get my SS settings to last. I save, close and reopen, and get the same error page asking to set settings to default values. Mach will not keep the settings I enter. I have done this dozens of times today.

Can anyone Help?  Please!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 02:16:31 AM »
It may be better if you start again from scratch making fresh downloads...

Download and install the recommended version of Mach3 (3.043.062)
Download and install the appropriate Windows Driver (2.08.30)
Download and install the appropriate Plugin (v17fd)

(it goes without saying but make sure all downloaded zip files are properly extracted before installing if it is done correctly you will be able to see the M3P file and explosion icon - and if you get the option then install as administrator).

Tweakie.
PEACE