Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:42:35 PM

Author Topic: problem im at a loss with  (Read 4990 times)

Re: problem im at a loss with
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:52 PM »
im sure they are, which is another problem ive been having that i havent figured out. to get the machine to have any real movement my steps per are.

X 254,572
Y 261,951
Z 263,178

which are what mach set them at using the "set steps per unit" option in settings

when i first got it going it was set at 2000 (default im guessing) you couldnt even see the table move, the only reason i knew they were was because i could see the ball screws moving just a little. top speed my machine runs about 6 IPM no matter what i do to jog settings and or percentages. so i kept going up and they would move a little faster and i was able to get an indicator on it and when i tell it to move 1.00 it moves pretty close to an inch (usually .997-.998 which i was ok with for testing)

If you are using 0.2" pitch balls screws on all 3 axes the steps per unit should be the same.
If your drives are set to 256 micro steps then the steps per unit should be 256,000.

If the above is the case your max speed will be very low. Set your micro steps to 8,10 or 16.

Cheers

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
Re: problem im at a loss with
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 09:32:35 AM »
Thanks Peter, that took care of it, you were exactly right my driver was set to 256, have it at 8 now and it's much better, now just have to figure out why my zero changed...lol did one part, it cut fine put a new piece of material in there to try another and the Y axis zero was in left field. Think I need to play with acceleration and velocity, I think it may have missed some steps, that's all I can figure at this point.