Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:12:41 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 or it could be sheetcam tng  (Read 3721 times)

Mach3 or it could be sheetcam tng
« on: July 31, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »
I'm using mach3, sheetcam tng and autocad. My problem is this when i go to load the G-code into mach3 i can draw my part out with a sharpie on a piece of aluminum but my problem is the sharpie should pickup off the piece of plate move over drop down and draw out/cut and when the part is finished it should lift up above the plate. What it does is once i zero out Z and start it it doesn't lift up off the plat it draws a extra line. I think this has to be correct in sheetcam tng but not sure. Please bare with me treat me like computers for dummies lol
I dont quite understand the plunge rate if that is it. Any ideas? I have a picture what it did not sure if i can upload it here.

Thanks
Chris
Re: Mach3 or it could be sheetcam tng
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:45:10 AM »
no one knows anything??
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »
Give us a chance.... some of us don't live on the forum...

It should work fine, can you post your gcode please.

How is your z axis being controlled?

Do you have thc, if so, which one, as some control the z directly

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »
Monday I was able to get it all to work and draw out on the table with a sharpie, my problem was simply disabling the plunge safety warning, now I have a problem I can't load any of the G code it shows at the bottom left it shows.... Bad character used, Block = cutoff    I have saved all these G codes that I created on my thumb drive from last week and they worked perfect, now they won't load.

Oh and I am not using THC later would like to add that to this system. Ho do you guys post a picture here?? a picture is a thousand words for sure would help down the road.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 02:19:49 PM by chris37 »
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
Another retarded newbie mistake lol so what I would press to load before to load g code was sheetcam symbol and it would load G-code and now it won't work but if I press the tap file instead it loads the G code correctly into Mach3 and runs. So any Newbie out there having issues press the tap file instead.  ::) I can feel about 400 gray hairs growing on top  of my head lol
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 02:21:11 PM »
If you enable the mach3 plugin in sheetcam, providing sheetcam and mach3 are open at the same time when you click run post-processor it will save the tap file and load directly into mach3
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 01:55:02 AM »
Thanks I'll try that.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 02:31:46 AM »
To upload or post something (picture) , use the full reply.... the box at the bottom is the quick reply (see left hand side), if you look at the bottom of the thread, you should see reply, notify....

Note any upload needs to have a unique name or it won't upload too
Rob