Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:07:41 PM

Author Topic: mach 4 crash  (Read 7867 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: mach 4 crash
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 02:25:48 AM »
might pay to try the new version 3124

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 12:08:05 AM »
hello
well i tried it 3124 fresh install uninstalled the last version deleted the profiles windows 7 try to start lathe hangs. the point is i installed nothing and changed nothing always the same place canned cycles for lathe both mills and router load just fine problem has to be in canned cycles but i dont yet know enough programming to change that any suggestions
thank you
mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »
What are the PCs specs? What other software is installed on the PC? The canned cycles (which are embedded into lathe) uses a lot of images so I could see mill and router working fine but lathe being an issue if PC resources are limited. 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline mark4

•  167 167
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »
hi the computer i am working with at the moment is a little older but not that old it is a hp pavilion slimline it has an amd athalon dual core 2.7 ghz
4.00 gb ram 64 bit operating system windows 7 service pack 2 and updated. couldnt upgrade to windows 10 i personally think the reason was trumped up but windows 10 said no. i am using the onboard video in the old days this was bad but i have used it effectively in the past. i use this machine to test the ethernet smooth stepper and am also setting up so i can bench test with a csmio/ip-a from cs-labs. as stated before i was able to get it to semiwork by making my own profile no copying this only worked until i started to add plugin for csmio/ip-a then i uninstalled completely and reinstalled the newest one same lockup and i added nothing. so do you think it is the computer maybe using the onboard video, the problem with using some of these odball computers is you need a special super small video card just to fit it into the case not to mention what buss can you use. anyway that's is let me know and if you have any ideas i will try them unless i have to this computer is going to be my bench model for a while thank you
mark

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »
The onboard video could be an issue.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software