Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:45:29 AM

Author Topic: PWM Settings for Router (Router Starts after Exiting Mach3)  (Read 5112 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
My router is a Bosch 16176 model, 2.25HP, 12Amps, VS (8-25K RPM) and I try to set it using a C33 BOB. This BOB has two AC Terminals one for the router and one for coolant or vacuum but I only use the router terminal. On the router terminal its written ON/OFF=PIN 1, Speed=PIN 14 and I have set this pins on Mach3 Ports & Pins/Motor Outputs and Output Signals

On the Mach3 spindle setup tab I have checked the Disable Spindle Relays, Use Spindle Motor Output and PWM Control and I have put PWM frequency 300, and Min PWM 5%.

On the Mach3 Motor Tuning I have 1000 for steps per and the Accel/Vel are set to the middle of the range

When I use M3S8000 the router starts ok but when I use M5 it takes about 8 seconds before the router comes to a complete stop (at about 5 seconds it starts reducing the RPM and then slowly stops). However the worst is when I exit Mach3 after 3-4 seconds the router starts at full speed!

Then I re start Mach3 and without doing anything the router continuous to run and after 5 seconds it stops.

Any idea what is wrong?

Nicolas

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
Re: PWM Settings for Router (Router Starts after Exiting Mach3)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 03:19:55 PM »
In my case when I shut off Mach3 my router would start running until I hit the external e-stop.  I installed a charge pump in the e- stop circuit so when ever Mach was not in control it would shut everything off. 

Ray

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »
In any case its not normal to have the router running after the control software (Mach3) is not loaded. I will try the same to see if I get the same results

Thanks Ray
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:24 PM »
Yes my Estop also stopped the router but this is not right. Mach3 controls the cnc and when Mach3 is not loaded nothing should run on the cnc. In my case even when I exit from Windows and shut down the PC the router still is running.

I have an ON/OFF switch to control manually the router but I installed the switch for extra safety when I change tools on the router and not for this situation
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 07:15:05 PM »
Hey Ray, is your BOB a C33 also?
Nicolas

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »
No it is a C10 driving a relay board and at that time I was using the parallel port. The parallel port may do some strange  when Mach is shut down.
You may have a different issue causing your problems but I now always add a charge pump just for safety.

Ray

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:52 PM »
I have a theory which may be wrong. I also have the C10 which drives my 4 stepper motors and the C33 which drives all limits + the 2 relays for the router / coolant.

But when we are setting Mach3 pins and we use pin 14 Mach imay get confused because there are two pins 14, one on the C10 and one on the C33. So when we exit mach and we shut the router via a M5 command or with the charge pump, that is ok but pin 14 on the C10 may be active allowing current to the router.

Perhaps we can set one pin 14 to port1 and the other to port2 ?

Tomorrow I will try this logic and she what the results are. I will post back

BTW I also have charge pump active
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »
Forgot to mention that pins 1,14, and 16 on the C33 are hard wired (there is no actual pin connections on the BOB)
Nicolas

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »
Yes my Estop also stopped the router but this is not right. Mach3 controls the cnc and when Mach3 is not loaded nothing should run on the cnc.

I think you are wrong here personally - if mach is not loaded it should not be possible to engage the safety system so that the tool rotates - very unsafe.

Also, on a pc, if Mach is not loaded and controlling the LPT port, anything can happen at any time, its a dangerous situation having machines hanging off an uncontrolled port on a pc - the safe setup would be to boot pc, load Mach3, power up the BOB, power up the controlled machine, take Mach3 out of reset into the run condition.

When a PC is booting, the ports get polled and that can do very odd (and dangerous) things, my plasma torch has been known to fire for a second if the system is not started correctly.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »
I agree with you regarding the LPT port but otherwise we both say the same thing

“If mach is not loaded it should not be possible to engage the safety system etc.”

Definitely it’s not safe after I stop the router with an M5 command and exit Mach (now I’m on the Windows desktop) to have the router starting on its own
Nicolas