Hello Guest it is May 10, 2021, 08:22:51 PM

Author Topic: Problem with Z-Axis Reversal when Soft Limits Active  (Read 1322 times)

Offline $cott

•  36 36
    • View Profile
Problem with Z-Axis Reversal when Soft Limits Active
« on: July 09, 2016, 06:37:16 PM »
I am using Mach4 with ESS and a Leadshine MX4660 driver.  I have got xyz axis's set up with hall detectors and when I reference all or any individuale axis they home properly each time.  Yet when I activate the Soft Limits button the directions of X-axis and Y-axis work fine but the Z-axis reverses direction when I press a plus or minus jog button.  Can some one explained to me what I have done wrong to have the Z-axis reverse movement directions when the Soft Limit button is active.

Scott

Offline $cott

•  36 36
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Z-Axis Direction when Soft Limits Active
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
Need to correct my problem statement the z-axis only goes in up ward direction when soft-limits is active!
No matter if i push the plus or minus button it always goes positive or up ward.

Sorry just wanted to make sure i have this right.

Scott
Re: Problem with Z-Axis Reversal when Soft Limits Active
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
This is a quirk of how the soft limits react if the setup has some values in the wrong place.

See this thread:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31326.0.html

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
For PMDX product support, please use PMDX forum or direct email for quickest response. We do not use this forum as our primary product support site.

Offline $cott

•  36 36
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Z-Axis Reversal when Soft Limits Active
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 11:21:06 PM »
Perfect Thanks Steve and Bob .... as usual you guys at PMDX are the best!

Scott