Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:44:01 PM

Author Topic: LOVING the PMC!! Thanks Steve!!!  (Read 14918 times)

Reading Registers on PMC
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »
I am trying to read a register on PMC, but cannot access the ESS encoder register.  I can see in the diagnostics the encoder register just fine, but it is not accessible on PMC.

I would appreciate if somebody can help.

Thanks,

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.om

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: LOVING the PMC!! Thanks Steve!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 11:39:18 PM »
Arturo,

At this time, encoder registers are not included in the list of input registers.  But are you needing an encoder value in the PMC?  To drive an MPG?  If so, you can associate an encoder to a MPG object in the Mach config.

Steve
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 07:39:53 AM »
Steve,

We need to read the motor encoder to compare it with commanded position when motor speed =0.  To alert the user if an axis has lost its position.

I guess it can be done in a lua script, but thought a PMC would have been easier for users.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on doing this.

Arturo Duncan

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 08:12:55 PM »
Arturo,

I added the encoder registers in the list of input registers for the PMC.  So the next build will have that in there.  However, I really don't think the PMC is the proper place for it.  That sounds like something the motion controller plugin should be doing.

Steve
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 08:36:34 PM »
Steve,

Thanks...  Yes, I agree with you, it should be the ESS, we all hope that someday it will be able to process this in real time.

When do you think it will be available?

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2016, 12:52:12 AM »
Well...  that is hard to say.  Maybe by week's end?  I'm working on jogging during feed hold and it is a complex issue.  :(
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 05:47:10 PM »
Why can't I find the PMC?  I have the most recent version downloaded from the main page.

Edit* just realized I have to go to the ftp site to get the most recent builds.  Is it safe to grab the latest release or should I stay back a couple?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:52:32 PM by jderou »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:05:22 PM »
The SAFE thing to do is use a general availability release from the main page.  :)  ANY of them from the development ftp site are likely to be bleeding edge. 

Steve
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 08:07:19 PM »
I guess I have to play it safe.  the Hicon plugin only supports up to 2914.  PMC is looking good though.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »
I figured out I had to do a fresh install of the latest version to get the Hicon to communicate properly.  I now have a dozen or so rungs working in the PMC.  I am stuck on one right now that I just can't figure out.  I have LED's that represent different jog increments (.01, .001, .0001).  I have Mach4 setup to only step through these increments.  I want each LED to light up when the corresponding step increment is active.  I tried reading the jogincx variable into PMC using a read from register instruction, but it seems it is not reading the decimal value (I assume because the variable is long dim).  How do I read this data type?
Thanks!
and BTW, I am way ahead of where I would be without the PMC.