Hello Guest it is November 19, 2019, 11:49:50 PM

Author Topic: Installing two PCI Cards Address Question  (Read 1165 times)

Installing two PCI Cards Address Question
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
Very new to Mach3 but I have been running my CNC Wood router with a DOS program and LPT Indexer for 20 years. I'm upgrading to an XP with Mach3 and I want to try to get this right the first time. I am preparing to install two new PCI Multi I/O cards. They are Syba SD-PCI-1P. I assume windows will automatically assign addresses but these cards support re-mapping to Legacy addresses. I want to make sure they end up with addresses that Mach3 wants to see. Should I install them one at a time and remap each one?

Re: Installing two PCI Cards Address Question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
Let me try again. My current system uses two parallel ports to drive the machine. Each LPT has two axis. The fourth "W" being a second Z axis. I see that Mach3 allows for two ports. I know the pin outs of each LPT. Will Mach3 work to drive my machine?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,003 8,003
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Will Mach3 work to drive my machine?

As long as your machine controller accepts Step and Direction signals then I see no reason why not - Mach3 can drive up to 6 axes.

It depends how many Inputs and Outputs you need to control your machine but you may not need the second PCI card.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:27:52 PM »
Thanks Tweakie. I assumed I needed two because that is what it has now. Otherwise I have to hack some kind of splitter from one to two DB 25's.

Each port carries signals from two motors:

LPT 1(X and W)
(CCW) Direction/ X =Pin 7, W=Pin 3
(CW) Clock/ X=Pin 6, W=Pin 2
OVDC/ X=21, W= 20

LPT 2(Y and Z)
(CCW) Direction/ Z =Pin 7, Y=Pin 3
(CW) Clock/ Z=Pin 6, Y=Pin 2
OVDC/ Z=21, Y= 20

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,003 8,003
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »
I am not sure it will work but it's certainly worth hooking it all up and seeing if you are able to get motion.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.