Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:45:49 PM

Author Topic: Homing using home switch AND encoder index?  (Read 8270 times)

Homing using home switch AND encoder index?
« on: June 27, 2016, 09:08:52 PM »
Can you setup the Hicon to home using a switch and then the encoder index pulse without connecting the encoder itself in closed loop mode? Can't I just bring the index pulse into one of the other digital inputs?
Re: Homing using home switch AND encoder index?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:30 PM »
For index pulse, you will need encoder channel and for that closed loop option is required.

Although, how do you plan to use index pulse for homing if there are no encoder installed? 

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:40:58 PM »
There is an encoder on the servo motor, which has an index pulse. I could bring that index pulse back to any of the available inputs, but it sounds like there is no way to wire it to the standard set, I would have to bring it to J7 or J8 and have the closed loop option. That's too bad because it would be a very useful thing to do as most people that use servo's will have that index pulse available.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:13:45 PM »
Hello,

For this feature, I would recommend purchasing the closed loop feature of the HiCON Integra which will allow you to use encoders for each axis and index pulse homing. The closed loop feature also comes with a free 7737 breakout board which will allow you to easily hook up the encoder connections for all your motors.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:22:24 PM »
Marc
Does the closed loop feature still come with the free 7737 board?
Thanks
Steve
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 08:37:27 PM »
That deal is not currently available, but we can still offer you free 7737 board with closed loop activation.  When you place the order,  in the order notes mention Free-7737-2016 and we will remove the 7737 price form the total.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
Marc
Thank You Very Much - I'm going to order 2 sets know.
Steve