Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:40:06 PM

Author Topic: Keygrabber  (Read 5134 times)

Keygrabber
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »
Hi,
I am trying to get keygrabber to recognise a usb joystick, which I am making.  I can't get keygrabber to recognise the HID device.  Windows shows this device under game controllers.  If I use the Joystick plug in The joystick works ok, but I need to configure the other features of the joystick ie analog feed & spindle override, Mpg moverments etc.  Has anyone got any clues of what I can do next???

regards
Andrew
Re: Keygrabber
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »
You may be best of to use the Joystick plugin ...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
This threard may help. If not we will try and get you sorted either way. As Brian said, it might be best to use the plugin.

http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=1391.0

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 06:08:28 AM »
Thanks guys for the replys.
I have SOME of it sorted.  I only really know a little VB so the thought of getting involved in a plug-in is a little worrying (I am but a humble machinist).
I have been playing around with the macropump, and I have a lot of the functions working.  I have up to six channels of 10bit analog working, at the moment this is only doing x & y jogging, feedrate override, spindle override, and rapid override - I have one channel up my sleave (mmmm, now what can I use that for). I have 32 buttons working, but am having trouble with 2 mpg inputs and duplex toggle switch inputs, but this is more of a API problem I think.  I am using the winmm.dll and I think it is having trouble with more than 32 buttons - can anyone shed some light on this?????
What I am having trouble with is push buttons for jogging the axis.  I am calling an OEMButton 311 (for z axis), but I need to have a button up event to stop the jogging when my shaking finger leaves the button.  Can anyone shed light on this???

Regards
Andrew
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:52:04 AM »
Hi,
Art mentioned that there was the VB Source code somewhere for the keygrabber utility.  Does anyone know where this is.  I found on the Yahoo list c++ code for keygrabber, I think in is Borland C++ but I'm not sure.

Regards
Andrew