Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:33:45 PM

Author Topic: Z axis will not go up  (Read 2064 times)

Z axis will not go up
« on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:39 PM »
While running a program my machine stopped and the message said something about smoothstepper ran out of something now I cannot move the z axis up. All other axis move even the z diwn
Re: Z axis will not go up
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:40:06 PM »
I just noticed the y and x would only move so far in the minus direction. If I turn off the soft limits it moves fine.Any idas on that? Thanks

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
Re-home all axes and try again ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 04:12:41 AM »
Hi Jimch52,
sounds like the 'soft limits' have triggered. On the 'program run' screen there is a button to turn soft limits on and off. I you turn
them off then you should be able to jog all axes in any direction. With the limits on Mach will restrict your jog/move options to
those that are in the limit zone ie either direction but disallow any direction movement on any axis that takes you outside of the of the
zone or further out of the zone than you already are!
The soft limits are configured on the 'homing/limits' configuration page. Without home switches and referencing at turn on soft limits
are a bit useless.
For a time I was blaming my handheld jog controller for not being able to drive my Y axis in the negative direction when in fact it was
the soft limits trying to prevent me from crashing the axis. Once I realised what was going on I turned the limits off and crashed
the axis ALL BY MYSELF!!  LOL.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 04:40:31 AM »
What was strange is it happened in the middle of my table where the soft limits were not set at. Had to restart my whole program. Luckily I wrote down the x and y settings