Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:57:08 AM

Author Topic: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches  (Read 45209 times)

Re: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »
I wired all my switches  nc. Only 2 switches to 1 pin. Try wiring both the ys to 1 pin and try it. Mach3 fill automaticly find the y - and call it a home switch. Do the same with the x on it's own pin. It should work fine. Let me know. You will have to reentered the correct pin for the axis.
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:46 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! My problem with changing the wiring is that I spent more than a day running the wires neatly with sleeving etc. and would prefer not to rip it all out unless I really have to. I guess I was too confident of success having taken advice from sites and forums that my setup would work. Half of it - the home and -- limits does work (!) so I'm hoping to get some guidance on either the inputs screen or maybe from someone who knows the Uniport BoB.

Cheers, Andy
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:37 PM »
Mine isn't a uniport but I would think they are fairy similar. Normally nc works the best navigation less trouble. But what I would try is just use 2 short 18 gauge wires about a foot long each and discon net your wire at the bob and connect them up to try it. You should be able to just chang 1 wire on your limit switch to change it from no to nc without having to rewire the whole system.