Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:19:43 PM

Author Topic: A axis operation in Mach4  (Read 7448 times)

Offline $cott

•  36 36
    • View Profile
Re: A axis operation in Mach4
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
Bob,
I tried again this morning and it is working fine now with the first settings you gave me.  I am a bit confused but i am pleased to have it working as expected now.  Does the system need to be reset at times?  Also i noticed if the Roll Over is checked in the MACH4 setup it seem to get the weird operation!  I believe i can now write the G-Code I need to do to get my glue machine up and running now.

Setup:
Stepper connected to round disk mount, were I attach a light to and then i want to apply silicon through a EFD 7000 glue dispenser.  I basically will control the speed and rotation of the disk while controlling the EFD unit to hopefully apply the silicon very evenly every time on a LED light we manufacture.

Gear:
Driver: DM542
Stepper: 23HS243M made by Act-Motor (quite over kill for my application but i did not have to buy anything)
Breakout Board: DB25-1205 like on Micro Robtics Site Part# OT382
All Connected to: PMDX-411

Thank you for being so helpful!!  As for the Roll Over option I believe there is an issue still there maybe.

Thanks
Scott
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 12:44:28 AM »
As far as Mach4 and the PMDX-411 are concerned, you shouldn't need to reset/restart them periodically.  A wild guess here but could it be possible that the microstep settings on your driver didn't "take" until power was cycled on it???  The manual for the DM542 doesn't explicitly say whether the DIP switch setting take effect immediately or require a power cycle to take effect.

If you have "rollover" enabled, Mach4 will limit the motor's rotation to a single 360 degree range. If you move to 30 degrees, then move to 300, it will NOT continue if the positive direction.  It will instead go backwards through 0 degrees, then to 359, 358, etc. until it gets to 300.  I believe for your application you need to disable "rollover".

Bob
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
Disabling the rollover A option fixed my problem.  It's working like I would expect it to now.

Thanks