Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:34:32 AM

Author Topic: Yet another home/soft limit setup issue for a newbie  (Read 5866 times)

Yet another home/soft limit setup issue for a newbie
« on: April 30, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »
Hi All,

New user here. I did a search for a screen shot of the Home Limit screen as it would apply to my machine and I did not find anything I don't think. (could have saw it and not realized it was what I needed... would not be the first time! :-)

I just got my CRP4848 setup and running and am in the process of getting things dialed in and safe. To that end, I installed the proximity switches from CRP as well.

Setup as follows:

Home is front left hand corner

Y axis set to go front to back with positive direction moving away
X axis set to go left to right with positive direction moving to the right
Z axis set for up and down with positive direction moving up
A axis set to slave Y - working properly

The limit switches are all wired into the LeadShine MX4660 properly and work as intended (I'm pretty sure anyway)

Attached is a pic of the Home and Limit setup screen.

Hope this is enough info but if not, please ask and I'll happily clarify.

Thanks in advance!

Mick
Re: Yet another home/soft limit setup issue for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »
Oh... and I am getting a "Machine out of limits for SoftLimit Activation" error message when I try to turn on Soft Limits

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 01:18:43 PM »
You have a Home Off value set up, unless your home switches are separate from the limit switches then really you should have Zero for all of them.

If that doesn't help then attach your xml and I will take a look at your config.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
Hey Hood and thanks for your reply and for taking a look at my config file! I really appreciate it!

I put the Home Off values to 0.0 and that did not make any difference.

I am attaching the config file.

Thanks again!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »
Go to Homing and Limits page and set Auto Zero for Z and A.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 02:16:06 PM »
Set Z and A for Auto Zero and still getting the "machine out of limits for soft limit activation" error message

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »
Presume you are pressing the RefAll button to Home the axes?

Couple of other things to try, Config menu then General Config, take the tick out of A Axis is Angular and possibly  also Rotational Soft Limits.

I notice you do not have the Z axis with a home switch, you will have to be careful when homing as it will zero at whatever position it is when you press RefAll button. That will mean your soft limits on Z will not be correct. Only way to make it correct is jog fully up on Z before Homing.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
Ye, RefAll button to home.

So, I decided resetting my home coords might not be a bad thing to do as an effort to diagnose a little further. So I moved real close to the limit switches and watched for the lights to come on and then backed out .001 at a time until the lights went off also set the Z as high as I wanted it to be.

Went into the Settings page, hit 'Reset Interp' and then Zero'd each axis and hit 'To DRO'

After this the soft limits have started working.

Now to square things up and starts making some chips!

Thanks for your help Hood! Much appreciated!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 02:57:33 PM »
Well, I thought I was able to move on... maybe not... :-)

I have tried positive and negative numbers in the slow zone settings and nothing works. I have the %speed set to 20 on everything. Not sure if any of this ties into the slow jog settings or not but it is set to %20 as well at the moment.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 03:46:53 PM »
So, was in the process of squaring everything up and crashed the spindle into the material breaking the bit.... because the Z axis was out of whack I suppose when I hit 'Go To Zero' due to probably operator error. I didn't go all the way up when I homed the machine a couple minutes before....

I am quite happy with the Z axis not homing at this point until I can get some switches installed and all that... I should run into any issues unchecking Auto-Zero on the Z only should I?