Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:02:56 PM

Author Topic: using auto tool zero with xbox controller  (Read 10211 times)

using auto tool zero with xbox controller
« on: April 27, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »
 Hello everyone,

I just got a new cnc router up and running and I use a xbox controller to jog the machine around and other various things. What I was wondering is is it possible
to assign a button on the xbox controller to initiate the auto tool zero function? Thanks

Charlie Moore
Regards
Charlie M.
Re: using auto tool zero with xbox controller
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:15:17 AM »
OK I figured out what I need to do. Can someone either tell me the OEM button code for the auto tool zero button or tell me where I might find it?

Thanks

Charlie
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:19:55 AM »
Hi Charlie,

Unfortunately not quite that easy because the Auto Tool Zero button on the standard screen (1024.set) is set as a 'VB button' and therefore does not have a specific OEM button code.

Now I am sure this has all been done before but I have not yet found the answer (but I will keep looking). Perhaps someone else knows the answer to this ?

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
An update...

There is probably more than one way to achieve this but by using a Screen Editor, such as Mach3Screen, you can assign a hotkey to the 'Auto Tool Zero' VB button. Hopefully, this can be one of your XBox buttons (I have only tested it with my keyboard).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
 Hi Tweakie Thanks. I will look into this and post my results.

Charlie
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
Ok I got my xbox controller to work as I wanted with the auto too zero. turns out not to be hard at all. Its all in the documentation for the xbox plugin. ::)
Regards
Charlie M.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 08:13:04 AM »
 :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 08:40:57 AM »
Hi Charlie M,

Are you still coming here?

I too want use my Xbox controller to initiate the auto tool zero function :)

Its a shame you only gave hints on how to do it, I wonder if you could go through it as I dont know much about coding etc.

Regards
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 10:12:11 AM »
let me get some info together and I will get back to you. Its all in the xbox plugin docs.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
OK this is what I did. I opened mach3 then when to operator/vb script editor. I then copy and pasted the auto tool zero script( I found on the web and changed the plate thickness to suit my needs) into the the form. I saved it as M701.m1s to C:\Mach3/macros/Your profile( this is the profile that you are using to run your cnc). then went to config/config plugins and selected the xbox config. I selected the right shoulder button and in the drop down menu, selected custom macro #1. In the custom macro macro #1 field I put M701.m1s.  So what happens when you push the right shoulder button it calls the M701.m1s macro. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if I can help further.
Regards
Charlie M.