Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:13:31 PM

Author Topic: Backlash Compensation not working  (Read 1769 times)

Backlash Compensation not working
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:55 AM »
I have 3 CNCs running Mach3.  Two have BC working properly.  I have not been able to get BC to work on the 3rd, new, machine.  First machine uses the Ethernet Smoothstepper with a G540 and Windows Vista.  The 2nd is a parallel port with a G540 and Windows 7.  The 3rd is a USB-connected Jamen controller and Windows 7.

I've read everything I can find on this topic.  I've read that Mach3 creates a pulse train, with timing information, and sends it either to an outside control like the smoothstepper, or its own controller for the parallel port.  What confuses me is for the longest time I read that the smoothstepper did not support BC.  If Mach3 is sending a pulse train, why would smoothstepper care?  I ask because I am trying to determine if the problem is not with Mach3, but with the Jamen USB controller. If the Jamen controller and/or driver does not support BC, and it needs to, that could be the problem.  However, if it is true that Mach3 sends timed pulse train information, then it should be working.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thank you,
Roger