Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:19 PM

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 6945 times)

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Help please
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:03:20 AM »
When I try to start mach 3 from the desk top icon that I have done for years - I get "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end".  Then i have to unplug the pc to get back control !!  Try it again - same thing.
I have been trying to get a home made Zero probe working the last few days.  I copied some VB script as directed from You tube and although the Z axis responds to the script I haven't managed to sort out the pin config properly as yet. So not working 100% properly yet.  Could this be the problem even though I have turned it on and off a number of times in the last few days.  How do i get back control please.
Many thanks in advance
confused Jacko

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 08:07:19 AM »
I copied some VB script as directed from You tube

Maybe post the script?

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
Hi,
    i cant start mach 3 and so cant access it !!

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:54:06 AM »
OK - were these button scripts or macros? If you don't know maybe post the youtube link. Help us to help you - give us something to work with.

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:46:21 AM »
I have been trying to attach stuff but  that doesn't seem to be working, However this is a link                 http://www.instructables.com/id/Mach3-Zero-Probe-Tool/ for the script.   i typed it in manually !!!   It sort of worked ok but I think the pin / wiring is stopping it working 100%

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
OK - I'm a tad confused at your original description of your problem. On the one hand you seem to be saying that when you attempt to start Mach your PC hangs. i.e.

When I try to start mach 3 from the desk top icon that I have done for years - I get "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end".  Then i have to unplug the pc to get back control !!  Try it again - same thing.

Then you seem to be able to run your script albeit not 100% effectively.

I have been trying to get a home made Zero probe working the last few days.  I copied some VB script as directed from You tube and although the Z axis responds to the script I haven't managed to sort out the pin config properly as yet. So not working 100% properly yet.

Which is it? i.e. am I trying to get you to be able to start Mach without having to unplug your PC all the time?

Or

Am I trying to help you fix your probing routine?

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
Sorry for the confusion.  Untill today I had no trouble and could run the script which i had loaded a few days ago.  This morning the PC starts ok but just wont start Mach 3. The opening mach 3 screen screen appears briefly then  the afore mentioned dialogue box appears over the top and wont go away.  When i press ( ok ) or the close ( x ) button on the dialogue box nothing happens.  When I Control alt delete it tells me that mach 3 is running though.  And so in answer to your question it is to help me get mach 3 running  again please, if poss.  I had just assumed that it was something to do with the new script that I had put in, as it has never happened before.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 11:40:48 AM »
OK - it's just a guess but it sounds like maybe your script is hanging Mach (it can happen). Can you post your xml file please.

i.e. copy the file Mach3Mill.xml from c:\mach3 to your desktop. rename it to jacko1.xml and using the Reply button (not the quick reply) attach it here using the "additional options" link.

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
hi,
 I attached the xml file but cant see that post on the forum.  I had previously attached some jpegs aswell which although it said that they had been sent i cant see them anywhere.  It previews ok and gives a message that it has been sent but cant see them anywhere. Have you seen them? - dont know  what i'm doing wrong if you cant see them anywhere.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 04:22:29 AM »
Don't use preview - Not sure if this affects everyone or if it's browser dependent, but if I use preview it just sends the post down a black hole. Just hit post (not preview) and it should work. Note you'll have to change the names of the upload files again because they can only be used once.