Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:58:22 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 PWM signal inverted?  (Read 10064 times)

Re: Mach 3 PWM signal inverted?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
I will try that before re-installing Mach3.  Pin 14 to Pin 17 should not make a difference but it is worth a try.  I really don't want to re-install Mach3 and do all of the setups again.

Joe
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 11:11:52 AM »
I moved pin 14 to Pin 17, reconfigured with the same result M3 S25000 runs 5000 rpm. I changed the "Active Low" check box to checked and it is the same??

Joe

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:28 PM »
From page 8 .......

"Note: Even though the Mach3 Mill Manual specifies that you do not need to define a direction pin for PWM
Control, I found that it needed to be defined to make the Mach3 / SmoothStepper combination happy. I
defined it as Pin 1 Port 2 but it is not connected to anything. I don’t understand why this is necessary, but it
works for me."

of this ....

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15457.0;attach=21882

Endeavor to persevere.
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »
Overloaded:

I finally got it to work.......

I found an old xml file of my setup from months ago and copied it to the Mach3 folder.  When it runs everything works as it should.  I go back to the xml I was using and it is wrong.

I tried comparing the files but the file compare program (i downloaded 6 different ones) could not parse the file into single lines.  All code was in one long line and I could not tell where the differences were.  Will keep working on that later.

I then made screen shots of all of my setups of each file running in Mach3 and saw some differences so I went back to the (not working) file and changed each setting one at a time trying the spindle each time but nothing changed.  None of the differences changed the PWM direction.   All settings in both files are the same using Mach3 setup tabs screen shots and I find no difference but one works and one doesn't.  Go figure.....

I am just going to run the old file and delete the one I was using and forget about it.  The only one who might possibly know is Art and I know he is too busy for this.

Need to find a file compare program that will allow a carriage return at end of each line so it is readable and compare every single line of the settings.

I want to thank everybody that has tried to help me on this for your interest and time.  Maybe someday I will find out what is going on and will post the fix in case it happens to someone else.

Thanks again.

Joe
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »
Good news Joe, perseverance pays off.

Do you mind to post the working XML ? I'm curious.

Thanks,
Russ
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 05:23:06 PM »
Just to let you know I found the problem :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

In the motor outputs tab there is a setting for "Step Low Active" and it was checked.  Changing it to 'X' fixed all my problems.  I guess nobody thought the motor settings had any effect on the PWM BUT IT DOES!

This nightmare is over after almost a week.

Joe Lawrence
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »
SH*T,  ;D
 I assumed that is what you have been flipping all along .... Ian probably did too. He demonstrated it early on in reply #8 !
That's what I get for assuming.

Glad you got er'.

Good work Joe. :)

Regards,
Russ
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:40:15 PM by Overloaded »

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 05:15:20 AM »
 :-X

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VmW-ScmGRMA?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VmW-ScmGRMA?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 06:55:04 AM »
 ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 07:18:15 AM »
;D

Tweakie.

Ditto  :)
Good one Ian, I needed that this morning.

Russ